Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my commander is at the dealership getting the ten hour service and i was thinking about getting them to install a dalton clutch kit. Do u guys reccomend it. Its the only brand they carry and back.

2012 800xt stock tires

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when u say higher engagement what rpm does it engage at i believe stock im about 2000 rpm. i was hopping it would engage at alower rpm for more low end power or am i thinking backwards lol

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
I believe this one was about 1850 stock and the kit took it up to 2100-2150.

I've experimented on my Rhintax and with the setup I have it engages now at 2550.... way too high for most types of riding, but suits me just right for what I'm running.

If you do a lot of slow / low speed driving, stock is probably better. If you want a harder hit, then the kit and different springs are a must.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks lbr maybe this isnt best for me. i do allot of trail riding i was just hopping to get rid of the clunking it has at slow speeds

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so the dealership called me i guess dalton doesnt make a clutch kit for the commander 800..............................

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
so the dealership called me i guess dalton doesnt make a clutch kit for the commander 800..............................
Call Dalton directly. I've talked to them twice about my Outty 800 into the Rhino and they are totally in the know what was the best setup and were very pleasant on the phone. They may recommend an 800 quad kit that would work for you, tell you the 1000 kit would be just fine, or piece you a custom kit from their supply. You may need a different primary or secondary spring because of the 800 instead of the 1000, but that's no problem.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i contacted dalton this morning and they arnt making a clutch kit for the 800.......so not sure what other option for a decent clutch are

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i was suprised too they basically have a clutch kit for the whole brp line up except the 800. My dealership called me today and said that HOLZ makes a kit for the 800 anyone have luck with it

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would check part numbers to see what differences the 800 and 1000 primary and secondary there are. Maybe the Outlander clutch kits are the same?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.