Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
down in the nevada desert near laughlin, i think i spotted a proto-type commander 4 in factory testing. it was un marked, solid black, had some white spot on it, i was at a slight distance, maybe 500 feet. it was running with a commander x stock one. they seemed to be doing tests and mods on teh fly..stop and go, adjust, race, etc

no sadly i had no way to take pictures, did not even have my cell with me, im so ticked i had no way to to take a picture. im not sure how to descibe it

think of a xp, stretch it about a foot or two, make it a few inches wider, about same height as the xp, a newer looking nose, yet still obvious its a commander, cargo bed looked smaller.. im hoping they have one in 2013

·
Registered
57 Posts
down in the nevada desert near laughlin, i think i spotted a proto-type commander 4 in factory testing. it was un marked, solid black, had some white spot on it, i was at a slight distance, maybe 500 feet. it was running with a commander x stock one. they seemed to be doing tests and mods on teh fly..stop and go, adjust, race, etc

no sadly i had no way to take pictures, did not even have my cell with me, im so ticked i had no way to to take a picture. im not sure how to descibe it

think of a xp, stretch it about a foot or two, make it a few inches wider, about same height as the xp, a newer looking nose, yet still obvious its a commander, cargo bed looked smaller.. im hoping they have one in 2013
Sounds sweet, wonder what it will weigh?

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
They do it exist...but like Sasquatch, sort of hard to Photograph..:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took these pictures of Canam's 4 seater prototype around march april may of 2011 at Durhamtown plantation. Sent them to a friend and he posted them on Polaris forums, from there they bounces around a bit.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Thanx for those pictures....since those have been released, some peeps believe it to be real and some don't.....time will tell tho....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not officially releases...took 3 pictures of this as i came up on it when they were testing. They had the Popo s and XP that they were testing alongside these machines. Buddies son raced the 1000x Gade on his 450r and got slaughtered. Wish that i had gotten video, but they were blocking people from getting near.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actual pictures. On others posts i showed all three pictures as i walked up on it. A friend and I took our quads to Durhamtown Plantation in Georgia early last year and we were collecting firewood and i saw this 4 seat commander go by and had to camera. they tested them while the park was closed. When i talked about these I also mentioned the colors that were coming, a few months later the colors were announced. I thought with all of the grief that i got over people trying to say I was faking these, I thought who the hell would want to go through this. Someone says they saw something...oh where are pics...I gave pics and heard photochop or where is the video. I got nothing from posting these.I wanted to show people what was being tested.
And actually, I wouldn't have even taken pictures if the engineers didnt grief my buddies 15 year old son while he was walking his dog near where they were. Complete asses, so i sent the pics to a buddy that has a Polaris 800. He actually posted it on the popo forums. Aafterwards he told me to see what my pics had started.
Joe
USMC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Usually i ride at Motomountaon Park. nice area and expanding. I haven't ridden in a few months but do want to start riding again, abou that time of year.
Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts