Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
There is an aftermart kit that will allow a Mav rearend install into the Commander, but Ive not heard of a Mav front end specifically getting put into a Commander before. I'm not sure what the front differences are, to be truthful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm gonna take some measurements and see what if any differences there might be. I'm wanting to upgrade my front to a halo locker. I'm running 32" outback max tires on a 6" superatv lift and the visco diff snaps rhino axles almost every ride.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Thanks, I'm gonna take some measurements and see what if any differences there might be. I'm wanting to upgrade my front to a halo locker. I'm running 32" outback max tires on a 6" superatv lift and the visco diff snaps rhino axles almost every ride.
Yes sir...that is one of two upgrades that cant be beat...the Halo frontend and the clutch lockup. I have never seen one credited complaint with either of them. It sounds like your a mudder, so are you also thinking of a different transmission later as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm for sure thinking of a clutch upgrade. Most of our riding is low range and crawling through mud holes. So far, even with the large tire I have not had any belt issues. The 6" lift for some reason will burn the rear inner cv boots up after running mid to higher rates of speed for 3 or 4 miles. The axles aren't at a bad angle either. Burnt the Rhino boots up the first ride and replaced those boots with the stock can am boots from stock axles. Superatv warranty doesn't cover boots. The can am boots have lasted a couple months so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts