Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This weekend is the Dirt and Sand Show at the Orange Coounty Fair Grounds in California.

I will be there along with a lot of other guys on the forums. I will be wearing a blue tea shirt that say's Flight Safety and has 3 helicopters on the back. Say hello if you see me there. Later Saturday I will also be going to Glen Helen to watch some SxS racing.

On Saturday there will be some http://www.worcsracing.com/images/stories/flyers/glenhelen_flyer_back_11.pdfWORCS series SxS racing at Glen Helen raceway about a hours drive north of the Orange County Fair Grounds. It is all Freeway driving and about 65 miles.

The SxS racing is listed to start at 4:45pm on Saturday

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
One of these timers we are gonna have to put that on the calendar so we can remember to go....maybe if I remember next year we can go before we head over to Vegas for Barrett Jackson..

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The Dirt & Sand Show and the WORCS SxS race at Glen Helen were both a lot of fun. I had planned to take a lot of pictures of both but my iPhone 4 just wasn't feeling it. I got a couple of pictures.

So for those planning on going to the Dirt & Sand show next year it looks like things like the Fullerton tires go quick on the first day and other things go on sale the last day so they don't have to take them home. I got a couple of great things there and ran out of time with only going Saturday.

:showoff: I got 4 point Beard Seat belts that have a push button like the stock seat belts. I know it could get mud in it but the riding I do it was what i wanted and very happy to find it. I go them for $85 each from Burt's.
:) Talked to the Wicked guys and bought a HD Rack in Pinion with quick turn ratio including tie rods now coming when they get home. Great deal on that at the show.
:confused:Hooks for my tie downs.
:dance::rolleyes::wavespin::happy:;):dance:Doors coming next month (new and top secret but will be worth the wait if anyone it looking at doors, these come off when wanted.)
:sneaky:New Air Cleaner box may be coming down the road, but it could be a couple months.

The race was a lot of fun to see in person. I wish I could have run in it. Didn't know that I could have with my stock Commander. The track was big with large jumps and hill climbs that had whoops kinda going up. Not a lot of places to pass but the racing was good and a number of SxS's had issues in the first lap so the field was smaller than the starting line. I will be back to see it again the next time it is at Glen Helen. I go to motorcross races and have to say this is all together different. Not the crazy people standing in front of you and you can get right in there and see the action. Well worth going if you get a chance. the only down side is it was too short. I think I would like to see a full days racing of SxS's but that will not happen for a couple of years. Maybe a three race deal with a hour in between would be nice. That way if something basic goes wrong they could get it fixed for the next race.

Great weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts