Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
The stock bighorns on my X will go everywhere that my friends go with paddles..let them down to 5lbs each and away I climb...Maybe in the summer when the sand dries out up here in Oregon I will put paddles on, other wise BH's have been doing just fine....Barbara

also the RZR's come will bighorns and they do fine also...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stock tires on my standard almost made it up China Wall at Glamis with 5.5 lbs of air.
yeah, i've ran mine with the stock tires, and mines a standard model. it does pretty well my friend ran some 7 paddle haulers that he had from his rhino, and he was out climbing me. of course he weighs less than me lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Bighorns and Dunlop QuadMax (had both on my Rhino) did well in the sand much better than the stock Maxxis Rhinos come with. Of course paddles are going to out climb dirt tires in almost all situations unless you have say AMS Aerospeed (junk) paddles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, i've heard that the bighorns are good. Hey superbri, don't you have a cage from fu2?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If vehicles have been driving through this mud hole before, check the tire ruts below. The key is to find solid bottom and determine if you have something to get traction on. Extremely soft mud or well abused mud may cause you to lose traction very quickly and become high centered on where tires have not been before, while the ruts go deep and sediment has created soft mud with little traction. You also want to look for objects like rocks, logs, sharp objects and anything that might damage or upset the vehicle or the tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts