Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

i'm new x commander owner

I would like to know if a roof is absolutely necessary or not ?

Do some of you only use the first part of the roof (sport visor factory) ?

Thank for your advice

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
No, a roof is not absolutely necessary for any Commander ..it's definately an option for the owner to decide on....and we have both parts on ours

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm currently only running the sport visor. Helps deflect low hanging branches out of the cab. The overhead storage is very handy also. I'm considering buying the mid-section to complete the roof for the extra peace of mind. Getting caught in a downpour on the trails isn't fun.

·
Registered
53 Posts
soft top all the way! if ya dont want it on u just fold it up and put it in the trunk, if the weather starts looking bad then u just put it back on!!. you dont have that option with the hard top.....st

ps i have the hard top and hated that it was either on or off no matter what.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
For me a roof is mandatory. A roll over on the top side will make that pretty clear the first time it happens to you. Been there done that. I use Aluminum on all of my offroad toys. Not having a roof might be ok if all your doing is Sand however where I ride there are rocks large enough to do major damage to your body if you roll over on them. A deadfall tree will do the same. Just MHO.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
53 Posts
For me a roof is mandatory. A roll over on the top side will make that pretty clear the first time it happens to you. Been there done that. I use Aluminum on all of my offroad toys. Not having a roof might be ok if all your doing is Sand however where I ride there are rocks large enough to do major damage to your body if you roll over on them. A deadfall tree will do the same. Just MHO.
come on ody, should i run 5" thick steal underneath incase i ride over an old land mine...lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
I rode for about 3 months before getting a roof. Originally I was going to get a fabric roof but ended up deciding to get an aluminum one mainly for a couple reasons, fabric roof will tear when hit by low lying branches & typically flap & make noise at high speed. The aluminum roof will add a little more strength to the cage & help eliminate objects coming through during a roll over. Having a roof, I can tell you it is a little more enjoyable to drive with it keeping the rain & sun off of you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What about new pro armor soft top ?
i love my Pro Armor soft top for 80.00 has a zipper compartment i put my maps in there. It keeps rain of you but my maps got wet. It does not make noise at any speed no flapping. removes in seconds so you can rinse it off

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
i love my Pro Armor soft top for 80.00 has a zipper compartment i put my maps in there. It keeps rain of you but my maps got wet. It does not make noise at any speed no flapping. removes in seconds so you can rinse it off
Nice looking top ...nice looking Commander!

sent by my possibly salvagable Droid I

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I paid over $300 for my soft top from TCB and wile it is nice I like the pro armor look almost as much and for the price you can't beat it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love my Audio Formz top with the stereo. It is tough, good looking and with the 200 watt amp the sound kicks butt! It makes a great machine even better!

·
Registered
6 Posts
How does the Pro Armour fit? Do you recommend it? Do you have any pictures, close ups of the velcro? How is it at high speeds?
Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
7 Posts
How does the Pro Armour fit? Do you recommend it? Do you have any pictures, close ups of the velcro? How is it at high speeds?
Thanks,
Bruce
i dont have close up of the velcro but there r like 8-10 2 inch wide straps i have 500 miles on mine, and it doesnt move even at 70 mph well worth 80 bucks you cant go wrong

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
I am not bashing anyone's product, however, MAYBE something to think about depending on where you ride.

I went with a metal roof for the simple reason that I ride in all sorts of areas. With that said, some of the areas that I ride in (forest) potentially have limbs and whatnot sticking out of the ground.

Something to think about is if you roll, a limb could potentially pierce a canvas top and do harm to the occupants where a metal roof may provide a little more protection.

Just something to think about :)

Have you checked out Home

I have heard good things about their tops.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 26 Posts