Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying doors this week and am down to FU2, ProArmor, or Blingstar. Does anyone have any of these three mounted up and tested that could share honest feedback (likes & dislikes)?

I like the Blingstar ones (non-automated) but it looks like they make the machine wider ... which isn't what I want.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i am buying doors this week and am down to fu2, proarmor, or blingstar. Does anyone have any of these three mounted up and tested that could share honest feedback (likes & dislikes)?

I like the blingstar ones (non-automated) but it looks like they make the machine wider ... Which isn't what i want.
i dont like the bling star because of the gay star cut into the door skin and they are to pricey

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Those Pro Armors are sweet on the RZ ....RZ ....RZ ....RZR....there, I said it ....lol....j/k ....

anyone seen them on a Commander yet, post a picture

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
85 Posts
those pro armors are sweet on the rz ....rz ....rz ....rzr....there, i said it ....lol....j/k ....

Anyone seen them on a commander yet, post a picture

...sent with tapatalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys
go to pro armors web site

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Nice ....I'm impressed at them on the RZRs how they latch and swing ....looks to be quality built, but have not compared them to other brands

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the blingstars due to the attention to detail ... especially in the lower front area ... they actually match the contour really well like you said, but 6 inches wider is killer when woods racing ... it'll destroy the doors. An inch or two sure ... but 6 is crazy. I'm leaning towards the Pro Armor, just with there was a combo between the two so it looked great and kept the width down.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One other question ... do they come with some type of black spacer insert at the bottom? I looked at various videos and they don't seem to ever show that area up close. I'll be ticked if I buy doors and there is a huge gap in the lower front ... especially at $650!

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
I like the blingstars due to the attention to detail ... especially in the lower front area ... they actually match the contour really well like you said, but 6 inches wider is killer when woods racing ... it'll destroy the doors. An inch or two sure ... but 6 is crazy. I'm leaning towards the Pro Armor, just with there was a combo between the two so it looked great and kept the width down.
Your missundersatnding on the 6" wider. Maybe i should say 6" longer doors. They removed the plastic quater panels and replace with a shorter aluminum quarter to allow room for the Wider (longer) doors. Meaning you have better access in and out. They only make the buggy about 1 1/2" wider on each side.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the clarification Ody ... I was thinking it added another 3 inches to the width of the machine ... not the door opening from front to back ... so thank you! I really like those doors other than the cut out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still undecided between the ProArmor and Blingstar doors ... but need to decide this weekend so they can get here and installed. Next weekend is going to be crazy with installations.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Called on the Blingstars and they are calling me back tomorrow. It's looking like it will be ProArmor unless they can get them shipped to me in less than 2 weeks but they made it sound like they were building RZR XP doors instead of Commanders, which really irritates me since it came out later than the Commander, but I understand the audience out West is probably very pro RZR XP for dunes. I think they said the end of March or early April at the earliest they will ship.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No call back from Bling tonight ... anyone have pics of the ProArmor ones installed besides the ones that are on the ProArmor Commander? I really need a side profile pic to see what they did with that little section in the lower front portion of the door since they didn't match the commander lines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Darkside Fabricators has nice doors for a decent price, they sent me a picture but I can not seem to post it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts