Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We dropped the Commander off at Muzzy's yesterday for some R&D work on the Throttle Body, and ECU...we will see what they come up with....:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I'm glad that Murray had contacted us about this opportunity to R&D for a cable operated TB .....he mentioned alot of the racers are hankering at the bit for this instant throttle response as we all are .....

It sounds very promising, but involved to get by the factory ECU for fuel and ignition controls, but Muzzy's has as good of chance of figuring it out as anyone IMO ....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
Thanks for being the Guinea Pig! I'm going to watch closely...spoke to Murry today about what they are planning..exciting stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We got a progress report yesterday along with a spy photo of the new throttle body.....:)
Murray said everything is progressing nicely and he will soon have some info to be able to share...:)
I will have my car back in 2 weeks when they come over to the coast for Dunefest...I can't wait to see her, it's been since June 14th...

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We semied dropped it off at Muzzy's yesterday on our way back from Sand Mountain by way of Pro Caliber....it would not start for us down their so we needed some warranty work done...

I wanted to run it for a while before summer was finished, Muzzy's was still not 100% finished but they will be finishing it up now.

We gave them some data that they can use to finish the mapping with

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tell it has been hard not having it and then when we had a week+ at Sand Mountain and I had to be a passenger that just about killed me but it was harder on Lance putting up with me one day being a Bit$h...but I could drink when everyone else had to behave....LOL

·
Registered
305 Posts
Good Girl Barbara,
Ive been teaching my girlfriend to drink the last few weeks.
She likes the Crown Royal. Im happy to offer her one when she gets home.
Im on the list for that kit at Muzzys I hope you find it everything is should be.
Thanks for everything.

Dave

·
Registered
305 Posts
I talked with Curtis at Muzzy's, two days ago. He stated they they had only one week left of testing on the Unit. He said it would be about two weeks before they actually would be selling them.
We didnt discuss pricing. Im hoping something reasonable that people will go for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I talked with Curtis at Muzzy's, two days ago. He stated they they had only one week left of testing on the Unit. He said it would be about two weeks before they actually would be selling them.
We didnt discuss pricing. Im hoping something reasonable that people will go for.
I hope soo

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I hope Curtis didn't get this project mixed up with another one they have in the works....that 1-2 week timeframe surprises BLR and I immensely, Dave....

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Registered
305 Posts
This is the Text of the Conversations.

Well, perhaps I was just reading more into it on account of desire.

Harold
11-02-11
Q# 76619

The commander is to come in next week hope to have information in a couple of weeks. If you have any questions please feel free to call anytime. Thank you

Curtis Dorn
Sales & Technical
541-385-0706 ext-107

At 01:42 PM 11/2/2011, you wrote:

Harold Richard
4705 W Flight Ave
Santa Ana, Ca, 92704
Phone # 714-852-7145

Thank You,
Dave

To: Harold Richard <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: Commander Cable and Plenum

Harold
11-02-11

If you will provide your name address and phone number I will place you in the system to call with information. Thank you

Curtis Dorn
Sales & Technical
541-385-0706 ext-107

At 01:15 PM 11/2/2011, you wrote:

Why thank You Curt. Ive been at an impass on weather to keep or sell my Commander. I alrady have over 6k in aftermarket but if i keep I will be willing to invest alot more to make it XP resistant.

To: Harold Richard <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: Commander Cable and Plenum

Harold
11-02-11

Muzzys is still in development of a replacement system. If you will provide your full name address and phone number I will contact you when we have a product and pricing. Muzzys is hoping to have a kit soon.

Curtis Dorn
Sales & Technical
541-385-0706 ext-107

At 03:44 PM 11/1/2011, you wrote:

So Ive been waiting for some kind of solution for this along with thoudsands of others since last year.
If you have developed a "real" cable solution and what ever else comes with the kit.... Hey I will buy one for Christs Sake. I dont care if it does cost 2k. Just do it.

Thanks.

Sheesh I can believe a whole year for a Throttle Cable and a Plenum. Not to knock on Muzzy's. They see to have the only real solution happening.
Amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think Curt thought we dropped the Commander off cause he was at lunch when we stopped in to talk to Rob & Murray, but we just stopped in to give them info and out thoughts...
The Commander was dropped off at the dealer a couple of blocks away to fix the starter problems, then it's headed back over to Muzzy's...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Any new developments on the throttle cable? I see a way out for all the other things that need upgrading but I am definately waiting for a throttle cable before I do any other costly mods.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any new developments on the throttle cable? I see a way out for all the other things that need upgrading but I am definately waiting for a throttle cable before I do any other costly mods.
Just dropped it back off...for them to finish it up...I was wanting to use it part of the summer...

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Hi Lance any updates from Muzzy's? I heard the new Outlander and Renegade 1000 have cabled throttle bodies.
Hiya Spud ....last heard was they cured the poor idle quality and lost a little HP... now trying to figure out why so to regain the power back...

Sent from my turbocharged Droid

1 - 20 of 39 Posts