Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Terranova

If you have a windshield, removing it helps big time.
I have a split front windshield and plastic rear. I drop half of the front and all of the back but the dust keeps coming. Looks like under and behind the seats. A real mess.. None of the plastics fit tight in the floor area.

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
I have a split front windshield and plastic rear. I drop half of the front and all of the back but the dust keeps coming. Looks like under and behind the seats. A real mess.. None of the plastics fit tight in the floor area.
Your half windshield is creating a low pressure area by your feet that pulls dust in by door openings and rear opening. We have 2 SxSs with half shields and when I pull them off for dusty trail riding at St Anthony's, Sand Mountain, Dumont, Dove Springs it helps tremendously. If you can remove it easily, try it.....the low pressure area is greatly reduced without a half shield.

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
If you put the rear window cover on [ the clear can am solid one not the screen type ] this will stop the low pressure condition and stop about 95% of your dust condition.
I would definitely agree. A few RZR buds that have the full front windshield and solid back shields don't get near as dusted as one other guy with solid front and screen mesh rear does when we ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I put up the rear windshield and the split front full up. It certainly did make a big difference.. Dust still comes in and I can feel it inside my glasses. In a short run 10 miles its tolerable.. I will still make a jury fix on some of the floor, behind the seats holes etc with a piece of soft rubber placed and light screwed over the offending holes.. Maybe BRP shud have a plug kit to fit these holes. Not every one is in t6he mud or water. Tks for the advise. J

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.