Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before our race in Georgia we got our "ECU Gizzmo" from Can-Am. All it does is take the axle saver out and up the limits of limp mode! I'm not sure if they are just offering this to racers or what... From what I could tell it doesn't make any power changes. But I could tell a difference in really slick areas where there was a lot of wheel spin and on take offs and landings of jumps/kickers. Can-Am told me that the axle saver is kicking in even when your in slick areas, and that usually a driver doesn't even know the car is doing it because you just asume its slick. You have to be careful because I'm pretty sure that it will break the axles for sure!!! We raced for an hour and a half with out any issues but I would lift on the landings a little bit to save the axles.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
From my understanding, the one that Rayce from K & T is offering.. although I have not got mine yet.. is to get rid of the, Shaft Saver (which I think if I heard right is Axles, which we may bust more of if not aware of it), Speed limiter, and RPM limiter by 800...but I may have that all wrong also..pleading the 5th because I am blond...LOL...Barbara

·
Registered
149 Posts
From my understanding, the one that Rayce from K & T is offering.. although I have not got mine yet.. is to get rid of the, Shaft Saver (which I think if I heard right is Axles, which we may bust more of if not aware of it), Speed limiter, and RPM limiter by 800...but I may have that all wrong also..pleading the 5th because I am blond...LOL...Barbara
I believe Rayce is getting the same unit from Can-Am. Waiting for mine as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts