Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at a different approch to power steering on my Commander. I am not real pleased with my current Unisteer as it is only an assist and does not have the power I need for quick maneuvers in the offroading enviroment. Especialy now with the long travel and 2" wheel spacers I had to use to gain clearence for the "X" 12" rims. I was not pleased about having to use them however it is what it is. So in any event I am considering using a Toyota MR2 Electic/Hydraulic pump and either a Char-lynn Torque generator with a Rackzilla or a car power steering rack. I would prefer to use a car power rack as the Char-lynn puts a lot of stress on the Rack. The problem i am having is finding a rack that is short enough for the application. Any oner have any suggestions?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Over my head Ody....BLR is thinking of the Wicked built for her machine, but your driving necessitates a much different machine altogether than a sand rig.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
13 Posts
What about a quick ratio rack and pinion? Combine that with eps and it may be what your looking for. Rackzilla does offer a quick ratio setup. LBR if youre thinking about doing the wicked bilt eps I would highly recomend it. Probably the single best mod I have done to mine except maybe my stereo. Definately worth the money. atvtracks.net seemed to beat everyone elses price by almost 100 dollars too.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
What about a quick ratio rack and pinion? Combine that with eps and it may be what your looking for. Rackzilla does offer a quick ratio setup. LBR if youre thinking about doing the wicked bilt eps I would highly recomend it. Probably the single best mod I have done to mine except maybe my stereo. Definately worth the money. atvtracks.net seemed to beat everyone elses price by almost 100 dollars too.
Hey...thanx for the info guy....BLR is definitely wanting the power assist steering...we just need to get the best brand available at the time ...

So if the wicked built has any draw backs from being a perfect 10, what would you say they would be?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have yet to find something I dont like about it. I can actually control a power slide by counter steering instead of feeling like the rear is getting thrown around by the steering self centering when you let go of it. I run two inch wheel spacers all the way around and super slow crawling is so much nicer now that I can actually turn the machine. Install was easy. With beer drinking and bs-ing with a buddy I had it done in about 3 hours. As an owner of many modified toys this is the only product I have ever put on that I cant think of a single down fall.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Thank you...a perfect 10 in your book means alot....we ride with another Cowmander owner that has the same unit.....he highly praises it just like you do....sounds like the best EPS available so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also give it a good rating, I put rear tires on the front of my x and had cramps in my arms untill i put this kit on. No more arm cramps.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Obviously the steering to get then...sounds like retrofitting a BRP unit in is out of the question price wise, so the aftermart wins.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am a paraplegic which means I am using one hand to control throttle and brake and the other to steer the machine. So far I have just added the EPS and I can control it with one hand even when running fast through rock fields going uphill. I want to add rackzilla as soon as I can which will make it even better, not only less movement of the steering wheel per inch of wheel steer, but stronger parts which means less breakage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts