Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago, I posted about a transmission problem I thought I had. Most suggestions were to install a new can-am trans belt as I must have burnt mine. The dealer installed a new belt and I had to pay half the charges. Today was my first day back out with the Commander and I had the same problems. The engine skips at speeds above 20 mph and it almost stalls out under any load. Not safe to ride up any hill as it almost stalls totally out. The units has 15 hours on it. Seat belt installed. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I think Jason is right....Computer
Does it just lose power or is it like it hits rev limiter & misses?

If it had anything to do with seatbelt..I would think that your max speed would be 9mph...so I would rule that out...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems to run Ok at low speeds under 15 MPH. It cuts out bad at speeds above 20 MPH and seems to skip when under a load like climbing a slight incline. It is very unsafe trying to climb a 30 degree climb.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
It seems to run Ok at low speeds under 15 MPH. It cuts out bad at speeds above 20 MPH and seems to skip when under a load like climbing a slight incline. It is very unsafe trying to climb a 30 degree climb.
That sure sounds like an issue with the computer...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem solved. You guys were correct. My dealer called today and my ignition switch was not programmed properly. I am told that the unit runs up to 72MPH without missfiring. Thanks for the heads up on looking at electrical issues rather than another clutch belt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts