Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added the EZ-Steer unit to my 1000x. Makes it easier to steer at slow speeds and in rough terrain. Overall, it was worth the money so far. I was a little disappointed with the directions, especially with the wiring part. I still haven't found where the blue speed controller wire is wired in. I don't see the red, white and grey wires in the area the picture shows. I will call tech support on Mon. Everything else seems great in the kit, but the threaded pins on the mounting bracket were weak and I had to replace two of them. Again, for the money $569.00/free shipping from Super ATV it's a great addition to all the other things I've added. Next to go on are my doors and the rest of my graphics...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Did you happen to take a video? I have a new one on its way too and was told the blue wire isn't used on UTVs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't take video, however be sure to follow the directions step by step. Drill the hole out that they tell you to or it won't be stable. The white wire that has a spade end says it's to go to a switched 12v source. We hooked it to the red wire on the 12v outlet on the dash. Everything else came out great, works well, just have to get used to turning it at high speeds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really twitchy, I just haven't had a chance to ride it other than around the neighborhood. It's alot easier to steer at slow speeds and backing up no longer requires two hands to turn the wheel. I'm leaving this afternoon for Sand Hollow, Utah, so I'll get to try it out on everything this weekend. They have dunes, rocks and most any riding conditions there. Mud may be hard to find, but I'll try. I'll let you all know how it works out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you have to send your steering shaft to them to shorten/Modify ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully it will rain, I'd prefer that to the wind I think we are going to get. That makes the motor home get even worse mileage. It never blows with us to help us out it seems. To answer the other question, no the steering shafts come with the kit. There is one for the bottom, one for the top and a new shaft that the steering wheel mounts on. Everything you need in the box.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got mine mounted up and didn't have to send my shafts in either. The unit works great ... it was really helpful to have a second set of hands to help hold things in place to get the linkage connected.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Power steering unit worked great on our ride. It really makes things smooth when you hit rocks when going fast. I even found myself hitting them some what on purpose to see if it would "yank" the wheel, but it didn't. I think it's worth the $$ and install time for sure. Now I'm installing my Pro Armor doors and the graphics that will match the rest of the unit. I'll put up a pic when it's done...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finished my doors and graphics. Main graphics have been on for a year and the doors were matched by AMR Graphics here in Las Vegas as they have changed ink since I did the first part. Now everything matches and looks good. Doors work well, but I'm sure will need adjusting. I'm attaching some photos, if I figure out how. Off to the desert next weekend... Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Car Tire Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I actually got to go down and check out their operation and it's pretty nice. I wouldn't say I was friends, but Stan, the guy I talked to said he would help out my friends who might be putting graphics on their stuff. What that means, I'm not sure. He had some older graphic kits that I think he said he could do better on the price for them, but I don't know. I'm just thankful he had me match up the doors as the ink changed and everything looks like I did it all at the same time. It's great how the graphics don't show scratches like the plastic does. Anyplace not covered really shows them. I put them on before I did much riding, so the plastic underneath should still look new. If I decide to change them or mess up what I have, I can go back to original or get another kit. I put them all on myself, if that's what your asking about "paying for the work".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts