Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a commander 1000-X and all of a sudden the cooling fan turns on 3-5 seconds after you start and shuts off when not running. I pulled it out of the garage for the first time in 2 months and it did this. I have check every connection, t-stat, etc

I even pulled the wire off the t-Stat when it was running to see if it would do something different. I have heard a lot of people say its a ECM issue...strange....

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
just a shot in the dark but pull the relay while its doing this and see if it shuts off ...might be stuck on...as I said just a shot in the dark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!! I will check that...I called the dealer and they said sometimes the thermocouple near the radiator sticks. They said there is one one the head and one on the radiator. while I was looking at every wire that may be lose, I noticed my valve covers were warped and the rear had a tiny crack in it. Dealer said they are seeing a lot of it...bringing it in for warranty fix. Bought my "X" used but they included a two year aftermarket warranty. $50 deductible so off it goes to the shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
can't go wrong there guess so long as your not in the same situation I am that involves an hour drive to the nearest dealership and them having it forever. wish you the best...was also looking the circuit over in the service manual Id offer to send you the pages but if you're headed to the dealer anyway I'd let them deal with it especially if it does turn out to be an ECM problem...good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts