Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have some good info as to where I can obtain a 1-1 1/2 pound dry ABC bottle and a mounting bracket to fit the two inch roll bars on my Commander that doesn't cost $190.00 or more? These things are outrageous at an ATV or UTV shop.

Thanx,

Petey

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Does anyone have some good info as to where I can obtain a 1-1 1/2 pound dry ABC bottle and a mounting bracket to fit the two inch roll bars on my Commander that doesn't cost $190.00 or more? These things are outrageous at an ATV or UTV shop.

Thanx,

Petey
I'm hear ya..I don't need anything billet UTV inc..190.00 ....I just want black...
If you find anything please let us know
I was even looking at something last summer that was velcro.
Swerve Off Road was suppose to have one in the works but I haven't seen it on the market

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I didn't put it in yet but I got a basic little fire extinguisher and it came with a stamped steel basic bracket that looks like it holds the extinguisher tight to the mounting panel.
I was thinking of mounting it near the fuse box to keep it a little cleaner.

I also got a bracket at the same time but I like the basic one better than the expensive one.

Wile talking about fire extinguishers, we have leather covers on them in some aircraft and I was thinking something like shower cap might keep it dry and clean or maybe a large ziplock bag. If under the dash you wouldnt see it anyway.

Hey you know what might be good is a PVC pipe with a notch for the handle cut out and you could strap that on anywhere. Some good foam strips inside the pipe to hold it some and a cap on the bottom with a hole drilled in for draining water out. Or get a little bigger pipe then seal the cap on bottom and slip a cap on top. Just like you do with a good level.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts