Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened, I flopped the X on it's side! :furious: I knew it would happen someday, but none the less, it was unexpected. I was showing off for my future son-in-law and, well let me say I tried to fip a few donuts. 1/2 way through the turn (pinned gas pedal) that sucker hooked up :( so much that the front end climbed as we flopped over on the driver's side. How embarrassing! The sand severely scratched the palstic on the front fender, side pillar, and I noticed a small crack in the plastic near the roll bar/belt air intake. The only pain involved was my pride. I must tell myself, you're not 20 (or 40) for that matter, grow up! LoL

I further went on my destruction mode (it's broken in now...) and went on a tight trail with DEEP mud holes. I did not get stuck, but it was close on a few holes. l spent the next 5+ hours cleaning the pig. I want to add a few more drain holes under the front/rear diffs (they act as mud traps). :confused:

My hornet stung me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I came close this past weekend, going down a slope and started to slide to the right, as the left side got light I turned into the slide and burped the gas. It gave me just enough forward motion to keep the shinny side up. I just made it !!

Gregg

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Well, it finally happened, I flopped the X on it's side! :furious: I knew it would happen someday, but none the less, it was unexpected. I was showing off for my future son-in-law and, well let me say I tried to fip a few donuts. 1/2 way through the turn (pinned gas pedal) that sucker hooked up :( so much that the front end climbed as we flopped over on the driver's side. How embarrassing! The sand severely scratched the palstic on the front fender, side pillar, and I noticed a small crack in the plastic near the roll bar/belt air intake. The only pain involved was my pride. I must tell myself, you're not 20 (or 40) for that matter, grow up! LoL

I further went on my destruction mode (it's broken in now...) and went on a tight trail with DEEP mud holes. I did not get stuck, but it was close on a few holes. l spent the next 5+ hours cleaning the pig. I want to add a few more drain holes under the front/rear diffs (they act as mud traps). :confused:

My hornet stung me!
As I read this, I visualized your donuts like the monster trucks spin until they flop! .....thanx for the trip to the donut shop funE .....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does the Cow Flop on its side, because of driver or wire throttle?....That fly by wire throttle sucks from what we have heard...just get a cable to throttle body like most rigs have...so you can control it...

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Does the Cow Flop on its side, because of driver or wire throttle?....That fly by wire throttle sucks from what we have heard...just get a cable to throttle body like most rigs have...so you can control it...
It is a breed all by itself Leo...really takes getting use to....Lance

·
Registered
49 Posts
It is a breed all by itself Leo...really takes getting use to....Lance
I drove one a few weeks back Lance and that was the only thing I disliked was the throttle..She would get stuck cause of it...other than that it made me a fan of a way-good rig...loved the engine, seats and big-ass bed to haul beer and fire wood...:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I havent tipped yet, or been close, but my wife was nice enough to roll a 1 1/2. I was not to happy about it, but it did help with my decision on Long Travel. :)

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I agree about adding some holes under the diff's for drainage.

As far as rolling I don't know how to do that just yet. Chuck you may have to get a jack out to roll your Commander with the +8 overall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts