Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
100 miles on 2012 XT with X shocks and front sway bar. Purchased new take offs since I hated the rough bump capacity and poor handling of the stock XT. Made a huge difference in handling and stability. Only have 50 trail miles and 50 around the yard miles. I now want a wider stance and decided to try a long travel suspension. My loss is your gain. Also have a Muzzys black box I could sweeten the deal with.

Otis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are dramatically better than stock. Especially the rear end jack that happens when you hit successive medium or larger sized bumps. There is insufficient rebound dampening control with the steel stock shocks.

These are revalveable and rebuildable too. Also high speed trail riding is much more controlled and comfortable. The adjustability is amazing. You can make them soft for slower riding and with the DSC make them not bottom out with the dual dampening. Fox really made these shocks well. I called fox about them and they said these shocks are better than the Razors who need to send in the shocks to get upgraded to DSC dual dampening. $500 upgrade.

I would have kept them, but by the time I added 2.5" spring perches and heavier springs for the long travel I ordered it cost more than selling these and ordering new ones properly valves and sprung.

I do take PayPal. Let me know.

Otis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts