Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried out this unit offered as a Can-am accessory? I'd like to know how it was to view in bright sun as well as route planning. I see from some other threads that the Lowrance unit is common. How does it compare?

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike.....that is exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Garmin 650 t

Has anyone tried out this unit offered as a Can-am accessory? I'd like to know how it was to view in bright sun as well as route planning. I see from some other threads that the Lowrance unit is common. How does it compare?
I haven't tried it myself, but I am looking into getting one for my Commander 1000 xt. I heard that it is good when the sun shines on the screen, but like I said, I can't confirm that yet. I also like it because it has an 5 megapixel camera on it. Let me know what you decide. Also, do you plan on installing this yourself?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have decided to go with the Garmin unit as there seems to be a better map selection for the backcountry than others. I have ordered the Garmin 600 not the 650 or 650T. The 600 is the same as the 650 but with no camera and is considerable cheaper. I have no use for the camera. The 650T has slightly more memory (3.5GB vs 3.0GB) and comes with the US 100K topo maps pre-loaded. But being from Canada, that's not much use up here. The OEM part offer my Can-Am is the Garmin 650T plus the Garmin AMP Mount.....you can get both of these at cheaper prices through other re-sellers. Yes, I am going to do the install myself. The link refered to above by FlyingBryan makes it appear straight forward. Just waiting for the Radio/GPS Consule Adaptor part (715001404) from CanAM to arrive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts