Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning my 2012 Commander XT 1000 for a few month, I thought I could smell raw gas fumes. Well, after owning it for 6 months, I returned from a Fourth of July trip to find a puddle of gas under my SXS. I tore it apart and found the gas tank has a crack/ bad spot weld on the fromt mounting bracket. Took it back to the dealer to have the tank replaced, which is on backorder by the way, and foumd out from the service rep that mine is the second tank that Bombadier has sceen and now there may be some concern. I have BEST extended warranty , which will cover the replacement, but i hope the new replacement lasts longer than 6 months.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
After owning my 2012 Commander XT 1000 for a few month, I thought I could smell raw gas fumes. Well, after owning it for 6 months, I returned from a Fourth of July trip to find a puddle of gas under my SXS. I tore it apart and found the gas tank has a crack/ bad spot weld on the fromt mounting bracket. Took it back to the dealer to have the tank replaced, which is on backorder by the way, and foumd out from the service rep that mine is the second tank that Bombadier has sceen and now there may be some concern. I have BEST extended warranty , which will cover the replacement, but i hope the new replacement lasts longer than 6 months.
was the other one a 2012 also???

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Hope this is just an isolated case or two...I haven't heard of tank problems so let's pretend yours is the last one that will leak!.. ;)

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine also leaked on the front mounting bracket,took it to dealer ,they gave me the run around that it would be 3 weeks just to find out about if warranty would cover it.I got pissed off at them and took tank out myself and had it repaired.And I might add that its a better,heavier mount bracket now.Dealer said he didn't know it impact caused it or what and if it wasn't covered it would be about 500.00 to replace it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts