Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like for somebody to tell me how many gallon gas tank the Commanders is supposed to have or what everybody elses has. Everything on the website says 10 Gallon and the brochures say 10 but mine will only hold six and the dealer is telling me that is all they are supposed to have. That is a huge difference. Would like to get some answers. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
When I ran mine down to almost empty the 1st time it took 6 gals to fill it back up, so my thinking is 6gals with 4 gals in reserve, but not sure I don't ever want to run it down pass empty, just in case I'm wrong....lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant believe it doesnt have a bigger tank than that. That was a selling point was because of the bigger fuel tank.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I think you might of misunderstood I still had 2 lines on the guage and put in 6gals........so I'm taking a guest that with 2 of the lines left and whats in reserve in is 4gals= 10gals.... hopefully that was a little more clear

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Hmmm...that IS odd Chris.....thought all models were to have the 10 in them....what model is yours?.....Lance

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is just the standard model and i ran mine about 7 miles after the fuel light come on and all i could get in the tank was 6 gallons. My dealership is telling me thats all they have is 6 gallon but i cannot find anything other than 10 gallon tanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Mine is just the standard model and i ran mine about 7 miles after the fuel light come on and all i could get in the tank was 6 gallons. My dealership is telling me thats all they have is 6 gallon but i cannot find anything other than 10 gallon tanks.
'Tween you and me, let's say that the Commander is sooooo new that even dealerships are not up to speed.......maybe us CommanderTalk peeps could get together and give teaching seminars around the country to dealerships on their Commander...:)....I got dibs on Hawaii!!!!!!!...:rofl:....Lance

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Mudrat..if you could get accurate measurements LBR said he can convert it to Gals for you...
Can do, but must warn you that I only do math in binary....0s and 1s.....so it's prolly gonna be either 10 or 11 gallons......:giggle:....Lance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts