Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think 1/2 windshield inside glare in cab stinks or is it just me maybe someone has some suggestions other then running with out it.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
LBR adjusted my seat so I sat more straight up & I still have problems and my line of site is still thru the cress and still can't see so we took it off for now plus the dirt sticks to it like an magnetic

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys,
Finally got tired of looking through the seam on mine, it was like a bar right in my line of sight.
Took a straight line about an inch and a half down and cut it with my jigsaw. Cuts pretty good .
Let the saw cut and don’t force It and it seems to cut just fine. Then some 240 wet sandpaper to smooth. I can just see over the windshield now, works great for me, very happy now.

Also after you clean your window. Wipe it down with a dryer sheet. Stops all that dust static cling .
Keep them wheels down boys and girls
and good day
God Bless America

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Hi guys,
Finally got tired of looking through the seam on mine, it was like a bar right in my line of sight.
Took a straight line about an inch and a half down and cut it with my jigsaw. Cuts pretty good .
Let the saw cut and don’t force It and it seems to cut just fine. Then some 240 wet sandpaper to smooth. I can just see over the windshield now, works great for me, very happy now.

Also after you clean your window. Wipe it down with a dryer sheet. Stops all that dust static cling .
Keep them wheels down boys and girls
and good day
God Bless America
Thanks for the dryer sheet idea

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Nice info on the dryer sheets....will try that! .....and I have threatened to cut that seam of a few times, but BLR hasn't missed the windshield ....that was summer tho, now that winter is coming, she'll want the shield again ...without the crease I hope .....jigsaw time!!! Yeah

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great idea do you have any pictures. What I tried was tinting the windshield it looked cool did not stop the glare we ended up removing it, but your idea seems the way to go

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks tint was cool but I drive alot wooded trails so it makes it harder to see got my EPS on the way stoked. I just need to figure out which soft top next

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I cut a couple of inches off the bottom of mine, It was a aftermarket one, but very easy to do.
Was it a clone of the OEM? and did it attach the same way?
I'm goint to need to do something the way it is is useless....Barbara

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know im gonna sound dumb but what do you mean by glare?lol. I have the full windshield and was thinking about getting a half one for the hot days because the full is to hot in the cab on a hot day. Now im 2nd guessing getting that and just running without and just using some sunglasses

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just notice in the sun with the 1/2 windshield you tend too see a bad glare from the yellow dash onto the windshield make visibility not too good

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well i have the x edition and my father has the xt so i see glare with black and his yellow dash

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
We have noticed the yellow dash reflection onto the windshield also ....wondering now about the dark tinting on it would tone it down or makes it worst?

·
Registered
39 Posts
We have noticed the yellow dash reflection onto the windshield also ....wondering now about the dark tinting on it would tone it down or makes it worst?

I wonder about reflection with Camo? Will have Camo with Bad Dawg half windshield when ride finally gets here...

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are a couple of things you can do to minimize the glare, #1 go out and buy some black indoor/outdoor carpet or a black dash mat or #2 do like I did, I painted the dash with a black truck bed coating and it reduces glare by at least 85-90% and it doesn't look half bad.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts