Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this site after we bought our 2012 Commander XT 1000. So far we like the sxs except for
the heat in the seat. I've read all the posts on how to fix the problem and think my first attempt
will be the fan control module. Our first ride was 37 degrees and snow so even then the cup holders
heated up a towel the wife set in there:cry:
This thing halls a--. We have to get used to how the rear end lets go if you gun it while running at 50:yeah:
Freaked us out the first time that empty tank light came on and we were away from the truck. Limped it
back to conserve gas only to find out there was 4 gallons left. This is not acceptable, how do you fix that?
Looking forward to riding and posting here:yeah:

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Welcome to CT!....looking forward to seeing your experiences and questions.

With the fan over-ride, dyna-matting the inside of the whole engine cover and wrapping the exaust pipes, it keeps the heat way down.

The other thing that helps is a 4" bilge motor strategically placed in the engine bay to draw in cold air and push that hot air out.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Welcome..great to have you join the CT family..:)
When the fuel light come, yes there is still between 4 to 5 gals, usually on my 11x it is 5 gals, this has been talked about and everyone has just accepted it and they know they won't run out of gas...we found that we can ride all day and still have fuel..125-150miles..
We ride with alot of RZR's so when they need to fill up we still have 4 gals left...they are our gas gauge...lol..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to high Jack. LBR is there a thread and pics of that blower install?

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Sorry to high Jack. LBR is there a thread and pics of that blower install?
No pictures, but just an idea. If I needed to do it, I would put the motor inside the engine bay and attempt to pull in fresh, cooler air and blow across the front and drivers side of engine backwards to cool the stock oil cooler and front exhaust pipe. It would help evacuate all this hot air many are complaining about out the back of engine compartment. We are duners and motor placement isn't critical compared to peeps that go Commander swimming. Then motor would need to be kept higher in the chassis and more duct work would be involved, I suppose?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like a great Idea, LBR if there was a spot up around the glove box to mount the blower and run ducting. Sorry again for high jack

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Sounds like a great Idea, LBR if there was a spot up around the glove box to mount the blower and run ducting. Sorry again for high jack
It's never a hijack when we all can learn from a post!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Need some clarification on my warranty. I didn't take any extended warranty out when we bought the XT but today I got a Extended Service REGULAR owners card in the mail.
My dealer said it was a promotional thing so after the manufacturer's warranty runs out I still have this until 10/4/2014. Has anyone else gotten something like this when they
bought their Commander? Anybody actually use it? It says I can take it to any dealer not just the one I bought it from. $50 deductible applies.

It reads-

Congratulations on your purchase of a SSV COMMANDER XT 1000EF

This certificate confirms your adhesion to the BRP Extended Service Terms (B.E.S.T.) Plan. Please find attached your B.E.S.T. identification card. Keep this card with you at all times to ensure hassle-free repair for your vehicle.

In order for this extended coverage to be effective, certain conditions have to be met. Please refer to your B.E.S.T. service contract Terms and Conditions for complete details.

We would like to remind you that, for each claim for repair costs resulting from a mechanical breakdown, you will have to pay a fifty ($50) dollar deductible.

If you are experiencing problems with your B.E.S.T.-covered vehicle, you may bring your vehicle into any authorized BRP service centre for immediate support.

Please take a moment to review the information below. If any errors in the information provided

have occurred or if you have questions concerning this agreement, contact your dealer.

Your coverage will take effect at the moment your manufacturer's warranty expires and will be valid
until October 4 2014

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I didn't get that..Congrats
I just got the 12 month cause I knew I would be doing mods..
I personal have not had a failure on my that was not caused by anything but myself..
3 of us up here have rode ours hard put them away wet and not had a problem

gotta love life

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes I received an extended warranty without coast when I purchased my 2012 Commander X In October of 2011. I have not needed to use it but since it was directly from Bombardier I am sure it is good..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts