Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Commander 1000XT (Pure Magnesium) owner and new member here. Just picked up my new toy (toy? - this thing's a beast!) Saturday 07/14. Found this site through a search for a soft tonneau cover. I was very pleased to find out there is a business right here in my neck o' the woods that makes a very nice looking one! -and they are a site sponsor to boot! Doesn't get any better than that!
Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out - hope to see some of you out there soon! :)

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks LBR! St. Anthony is about 500 miles SE of here (Coeur d'Alene), so probably would have to plan a vacation around that to ever make it. When we get the urge to head to the dunes it's always Juniper Dunes near Pasco, WA - only about 160 miles. It gets so dang hot down there though (I know - WIMP!) we usually don't go between May and September. Less dust too! :)
Okay - back to work! Thanks again! :)

· Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Hey there, welcome to the site, great to have you with us! :wavespin:

Congrats on your new machine!

· Premium Member
1,424 Posts
So you have had your machine for a few weeks now...you getting out riding in some of that amazing ID scenery!?

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey dieselpowered - Well, it's kind of a bad news/good news thing. I had to stop driving it at 4.8hrs/82mi as I couldn't stand the screaming coming from the rear differential any more. Along with the noise, and because it was so bad, I decided I better have the dealer check it over before the darned thing blew up. Thankfully I have a good dealership taking care of my service contract as they immediately knew what it was, and told me they would replace it free of charge. :) Should have it back this week, then I can get back out there in it! (haven't been sitting on my hands - been ridin' the Grizzly in the meantime :)) Hope you and the others here have been having a great summer! Thanks!

· Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Dang my friend, sorry to hear that...happy though to hear your dealer is taking care of you!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.