Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Just Picked up a 2012 X. Love it so far but have only had time to put 12 miles on it!
Welcome to CommanderTalk! .....those miles will rack up quickly once you get on a roll with it ....what type of riding are you gonna do? ...whereabouts do you live?...

sent by my possessed Droid I

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Live in Central Michigan, but spend a lot of time in the U.P. We also have several nice offroad parks in the area.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Live in Central Michigan, but spend a lot of time in the U.P. We also have several nice offroad parks in the area.
Do you have a link to this U.P.?...I'm not in the know about what it is ....

On a side note, our Oregon sand dunes is run by the Forest Service and has a 93 Db official noise limit ....I understand that Michigan is even lower and is the lowest in the nation .....I'm thinking it's 92 Db?? ...is Michigan very strict on enforcement?...or do they let you slide with verbal warnings a lot? ...Thanx!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1st... No link to it but its the Upper peninsula of Michigan.
2nd Michigan is very strict!:( They have closed most of the trails(used to have tons of trails and 2 track to run). The U.P. ( Upper peninsula) still has a lot of room to roam though. Every thing from low lands with mud to sand and rocks!!! Around here Its mostly just limited to offroad parks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Howdy, bodien!

Welcome to the site. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
1st... No link to it but its the Upper peninsula of Michigan.
2nd Michigan is very strict!:( They have closed most of the trails(used to have tons of trails and 2 track to run). The U.P. ( Upper peninsula) still has a lot of room to roam though. Every thing from low lands with mud to sand and rocks!!! Around here Its mostly just limited to offroad parks.
Cool .... I just learned a bit of Michiganian! ...if I ever get back to that area, I'll get to see you pee!! Haha .....

We all have our demographic jargon ...ours is ODNRA....Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area .....thanx for the explanation!

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Welcome Bodien,

Must be getting cood this time of year.

Sounds like California with so much of what was used for off road riding. Some parts are still wide open but that is changing by the day and even the riding areas are cutting the areas down every day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts