Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 2012 commander 800 xt. on one of my trips i started hearing a noise almost like a flat tire or "womb womb" sound so drove it back to cabin and took in to dealer. They took for drive and said one of my rear axles was not in all the way so they put it back in and said noise was gone. took to cabin again unloaded of trailer and exact same noise : CHOKED now" so don't drive it and take to same dealer again they look at it and said that the axles were pushing each other out in the rear. so they pulled axle and said they found a "nut" in-between axles so that was stopping them from coming in all the way and were pushing each other out. So next time i take it out unload and same damn noise!!! so planning on going away this weekend so tried changing the belt to see if that was it and drove down my street and still does it!! Dealership told me its common to have driveline noise but i just don't no if I'm comfortable taking the wife out in the trails if theres a issue. Anyone else have this happen ? it basically start the noise at like 5kmhr then noise gets faster as u pick up speed (sounds like flat tire) if your standing on the road u can hear it as it drives by you.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one has had this issue? i just got back from riding this weekend when i guy i met said whats that noise from your commander sounds like a bad bearing. i told him the story and he said bad bearing and went around shaking my tires and found front passenger bearing and axle had play in it. dropping opff at dealership tomorrow hope this fixes the issue

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Good deal...hope that is the ghost noise youve been hearing. We've never had that noise before so I was wondering right along with you. Let us know if that was it or not....thanx!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Only noise I've ever noticed is a right rear brake squeaking on mine from a piece of metallic brake pad rubbing the disc.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got a call from the dealer and they talked to BRP and they told them to put a new diff in it. Picked it up today an took to the trails to makes sure its fixed this time. Works great allot quitter and no more thump noise!

Reactions: Jenkins

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Congrats. Ours doesn't have a flat tire noise, but the rearend is bad and eventually will get replaced...Thanx for the report back!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts