Can-Am Commander Forums banner

hey guys

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Hunting721 
#1 ·
just picked up a 2012 xt metalic grey today.
cant wait to take it out

#5 ·
well took it out yesterday had a blast its goes anywere and really good in the tight wooded trails almost had it on its side a couple times haha. But one thing is its super hot, seems like lots of motor heat through console. i have read about putting thermo lining under cosole does that void warranty

#10 · (Edited)
Check out my other post on the other thread "cab heat" about GT-mat promotion. Plus it is cheaper than the others.
Edit: I also rapped my headers and it took me to full rolls. I did do like the instructions say and for extra heat protection on the head pipe passing between the cvt cover and the frame I overlapped half way onto the previous course. You can tell a big difference.

If it can't play, it can't stay!

#12 ·
Here's something scary that happened to a friend up here this summer....he's running a high boost turboed Busa in his Rhino....playing hard in the dunes and it caught on fire....after saving it with a fire extinguisher, he deduced that it was not the sound deadening product itself that ignited, but was actually the self adhesive backing of said product... makes you think a bit more about the whole package (the glue not withstanding extreme heat)

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.