Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
Nice vid Jason .....thanx for posting it up for us .....

I've seen this stick on the dunes when riding with Jason ......it's sick! ..whenever I got lost, I could single out his commander in an instant from all others at night and ride right to him ....of course, he was lost too, but that's beside the point! ...LOL! ....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice vid Jason .....thanx for posting it up for us .....

I've seen this stick on the dunes when riding with Jason ......it's sick! ..whenever I got lost, I could single out his commander in an instant from all others at night and ride right to him ....of course, he was lost too, but that's beside the point! ...LOL! ....Lance

A compliment served on a knife in the back.... Ooooh, Lance. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I'll make you one for my cost, of course. And smack Lance for me!:rofl: will you guys be around on Labor Day weekend? I'm in garibaldi for the next two months working.
Yes we will be in Florence....

SEVERAL of us are heading to Sand Mountain for Halloween you wantta go with us???
The more the merrier

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I'll have to see how many pennies I have stacked up. I have a Moab trip to save up for next June....
it's kinda put together by Dan
but I'm thinking that 6 cowmannders are going as of now...
should be a good time...dressing up rides & ourselves...

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
I need one Jason...I would rather give you the Money...:)...Barbara
Same for me Jason.....charge me whatever it takes to cover your costs and time .....or sneek me the eBay sites for materials for a DIY .....Lance

·
Registered
188 Posts
LED Whip

Hi,
wow what a great idea, if you could pass onto me the manufacturer name and part numbers for the controller and for the waterproof led strip I would greatly appreciate that information. I would love to build one of these for my own machine.

Thank you

·
Registered
30 Posts
Led strip

Awesome video! What kind of stick is it that you use to wrap the LEDs around? And could you tell me what the led kit was named as on e-bay. Thanks for your time. I love doing DIY projects like this.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome video! What kind of stick is it that you use to wrap the LEDs around? And could you tell me what the led kit was named as on e-bay. Thanks for your time. I love doing DIY projects like this.
The brand is "Firestick". They make CB antennas and these fiberglass whips. The LED strips are RGB (red,green,blue) 5 meter 5050. If you search for torchstar, that's where I get them. They are very helpful folks! Good luck!:)

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
That stuff is still looking a bit non-whip, lance!
Been lazy lately!...have the shrink tubing also, but need the whips.....

What all did you get in your led kit?....all I got was the 16' roll with male plug on one end and female on other....if so, they must offer "Y" splitters and extra male plugs to connect multiple sections of led strips together?....I need to return to torchstar and do some snooping!...

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Been lazy lately!...have the shrink tubing also, but need the whips.....

What all did you get in your led kit?....all I got was the 16' roll with male plug on one end and female on other....if so, they must offer "Y" splitters and extra male plugs to connect multiple sections of led strips together?....I need to return to torchstar and do some snooping!...
I ordered extra pigtails. They're like 50 cents a piece or so. Those plugs can be switched from male to female by carefully pulling the four prong adapter out of the plug. You can cut the LED strip at each of the copper contact points. I think it's between every three LEDs. It's a pain, but then you solder a new pigtail to the LED strip.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.