Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a pair of 6" speaker cans out of PVC the other day. I used SCH. 40 caps and couplings. Just glued them together with a few slices of pipe. I ordered the cheapo waterproof speakers and amp by Pyle from amazon. Paid $66.99 for the speakers and amp. The amp is model #PLMRMP1A. It includes a volume knob and MP3 jack which will be mounted on the dash. I plan to mount the amp up high behind the drivers seat, then run the power from the fuse block to a toggle in the dash, then to the amp. I fitted the cans to the cage with 2-2" u bolts/can. Although I ordered the speakers/amp over a week ago, the vendor has not yet shipped them. I'm expecting them to be here by the middle of next week. I picked up a spray can of Krylon Fusion black paint which will cover the cans once the speakers are fitted. The u-bolts will be sheathed with black flexible tubing. I'll post more pics of the install next week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got everything installed over the weekend. Painted the cans black and mounted the amp to the wall up high behind the drivers seat. The MP3 hookup is in the cup holder. The on/off switch and volume knob is in the dash to the left of the steering column. All wires are hidden and zip-tied. It all looks real clean, and for the price, the sound ain't that bad. Except for the cans, you can't tell there's a sound system in it at a glance. Pics to follow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.