Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I can see this is the connector, not sure why it is so HUGE but do I just short these two wires to eliminate the seat belt limiter? I have harnesses and do not need the factory belts anymore.

Thank you in advance for the info.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
When LBR did mine he just cut the 2 wires and soldered them together, left enough wire to connect it back together if we ever want the seatbelt installed again..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When LBR did mine he just cut the 2 wires and soldered them together, left enough wire to connect it back together if we ever want the seatbelt installed again..

Excellent. Thank you Barbara!!

I will leave enough wire to reconnect the huge connector and belt if I ever need to put it back. Thank you and have a great evening.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually the BEST way to do it is to unscrew the 4 torx screws in the black seatbelt female plug, there is a microswitch you can pull out and flip over to where you don't have to cut anything and the switch is constantly depressed. I learned this from a tip on the Commander 411 forum and it was a welcomed piece of advice. To restore to default, flip it back over, DONE!! Yea baby!!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
One guy just die because he was not attach in a 5 minut ride test!!!!! why don't you just buckle up?
When you reread this thread, you'll see that the reason for defeating this is to make the ECU think the seat belt is latched and won't limit the Commander speed to 7 MPH .....

Everyone doing this modification has installed 5 point harnesses in place of the factory seat belt assembly ....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
One guy just die because he was not attach in a 5 minut ride test!!!!! why don't you just buckle up?
This is for us that want more protection then the factory seat belts..I truly feel sorry for John..we want harnesses and in order to do that we have to eliminate the factory sensor!!!!!!! and the only way to do that is to remove the seatbelt latch...which will allow us to do over 7 to 9 MPH..Barbara

Sorry I didn't mean to sound so negative....I buckle and put a helmet on everytime I ride...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is for us that want more protection then the factory seat belts..I truly feel sorry for John..we want harnesses and in order to do that we have to eliminate the factory sensor!!!!!!! and the only way to do that is to remove the seatbelt latch...which will allow us to do over 7 to 9 MPH..Barbara

Sorry I didn't mean to sound so negative....I buckle and put a helmet on everytime I ride...
EXACTLY!!

I ALWAYS wear my seat belt, ALWAYS! I also have harnesses as well and I am sure not going to use the factory seat belt over top of a 5 point harness, that would make a whole lot of sense...... ???

I also feel very bad for John and his family. If he had only had his belt on. :(

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I believe that stephane thought we were all defeating the seat belt latch and didn't realize the harnesses were installed in their place .....hoping anyway .....Lance

·
Registered
305 Posts
when I installed my 5-point I just took apart the male latch off the belt and plugged it in then tucked everything under the seat... easy... no mods.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I installed a Crow 4 point and didn't want to cut any wires so I took the micro switch out of the stock buckle and put a small zip tie over the paddle then wrapped it with black tape for good measure then coiled it all up and zipped again to the rear cvt vent

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I was going to do the same thing...modify the switch and leave the belt latch mounted ......then decided to get rid of that cumbersome looking thing altogether .....it's for sale if any of you want a second one for a stereo effect!! ....lol....Lance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts