Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to the site, have not bought yet, but will soon. Joined here to get updated on the future toy! Can't wait!!
My toy of choice will be the "xt", and trying to see what "mods" I will be making in the near future. First off, what size trailer should I be looking at? I'm thinking of a 83"x12', or could I get away with a 77"x12', or do I go 14' with either. I was thinking the 14' would be to easy to high center if going to "offroad" locations?! I drive a dodge ram 4x4?!
Are there any mods that are "necessary"? I was thinking of wheel spacers, on after market wheels, does this have ill effects on the wheel bearings?! I will also be looking at taller tires?! Living in East Tx, well mud is our thing!! However, trail riding and hunting will be it's main objective.
Thanks for any tips, and got to say ya'll have some NICE rides on here!!
tc, JWG

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Brand new to the site, have not bought yet, but will soon. Joined here to get updated on the future toy! Can't wait!!
My toy of choice will be the "xt", and trying to see what "mods" I will be making in the near future. First off, what size trailer should I be looking at? I'm thinking of a 83"x12', or could I get away with a 77"x12', or do I go 14' with either. I was thinking the 14' would be to easy to high center if going to "offroad" locations?! I drive a dodge ram 4x4?!
Are there any mods that are "necessary"? I was thinking of wheel spacers, on after market wheels, does this have ill effects on the wheel bearings?! I will also be looking at taller tires?! Living in East Tx, well mud is our thing!! However, trail riding and hunting will be it's main objective.
Thanks for any tips, and got to say ya'll have some NICE rides on here!!
tc, JWG
12' trailer will be long enough to get the tongue weight where you want it...I personally would go with the wider one.

You may not want the spacers to keep it narrow for your type of usage, but many guys do run 2" spacers without much report of bearing wear.

A lot put 29.5 tires on and even go up to 32" with a little lift for mudding.

A popular low cost/ big bang for the buck upgrade is the low range super sport mode setup. Beyond that, there are so many accessories to add on that you need to decide how many to tackle and in what order to fit your styling.....the sky is the limit with modifications and $$$$$$ outlay.

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts