Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 12 x installed k&t box and epi mudder springs do any exhaust systems actually increase hp if so how much. I would love more hp just don't wanna get a turbo to do it. So where can I get gains from. And how much hp. And$

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
I bought a 12 x installed k&t box and epi mudder springs do any exhaust systems actually increase hp if so how much. I would love more hp just don't wanna get a turbo to do it. So where can I get gains from. And how much hp. And$
Hi there Josh ...welcome to CT

If your a bit familiar with the Commander electronics from other readings, you have stumbled across the fact that when you bury your right foot to the floorboard, the electrical signal is sent to the ECU which in turn tips the TB butterfly ...electrically the ECU is the owner of your Commander, not you

With the many sensors on board, when the ECU gets input outside the factory set parameters, it won't accept continuing business as usual ....it will then throw a limp home mode or, as you have guessed, start tipping the TB butterfly closed even tho your mashed down on the pedal ....

We did a before and after exaust with fuel controller drag test .....the exaust helped a little, but not by standards of other before _after seat of the pants improvements of other machines ...

You've probably seen my other thread here about Muzzy's solution to this .....BLR and I will giving full reports after August 8th as time permits for us ...stay tuned......Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I'm not sure of HP gains but both LBR run muzzy's....
LBR's is a Rhino with an 800 rotax...with muzzy's only..

we went out to the dunes one weekend and raced each

we wanted to see what they would do against each other before we put muzzy's race on the Commander

we raced in both 2 & 4 wheel drive...aprrox..300'
he could get me out of the hole otherwise we were pretty much dead even I would take him only by a 1/2 car lenght or so

Put the exhaust on during the week then we went back out and raced on the weekend...
again approx...300' 2 & 4 wheels drive
We came off the line about even...but I was pulling away from him the whole time...finish line approx..2 car lenghts..
have a lot more low end torque I felt...JMO....Barbara

1 - 4 of 4 Posts