Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I met up with Bill Lanphier at Winchester Bay during DuneFest 2010 last summer with my brand new Can-Am Commander 1000 XT and did a photo shoot. Bill took some shots of me driving and then got behind the wheel of the Commander so he could do a ride review. The Commander was stock except for the paddle tires I got from Fullerton Sand Sports.

Check out the full writeup in the January-February 2011 issue of Sand Sports Magazine.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Really cool Jon ....we'll definitely check it out!! .....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
95 Posts

I met up with Bill Lanphier at Winchester Bay during DuneFest 2010 last summer with my brand new Can-Am Commander 1000 XT and did a photo shoot. Bill took some shots of me driving and then got behind the wheel of the Commander so he could do a ride review. The Commander was stock except for the paddle tires I got from Fullerton Sand Sports.

Check out the full writeup in the January-February 2011 issue of Sand Sports Magazine.
Congrats - look forward to reading the article !!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's cool. I was just on the phone with them last week about getting some paddles & they told me that your commander was going to be on the cover.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey Crowdog,
When you come back,, can you please tell me what kind of front tires you are running. The more I drive on these Smoothies, the less I like them.
The way I drive, I am overpowering the front end even with 4wd. Hoping that a longer wheelbase will help solve a little of this and a ribbed tire of some sort or even a lightly cross ribbed tire with a Single center rib.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Crowdog,
When you come back,, can you please tell me what kind of front tires you are running. The more I drive on these Smoothies, the less I like them.
The way I drive, I am overpowering the front end even with 4wd. Hoping that a longer wheelbase will help solve a little of this and a ribbed tire of some sort or even a lightly cross ribbed tire with a Single center rib.
I believe those are cut down mudlites from Fullerton Sand sports in the front on the magazine cover but the last time I saw him at the dunes, Jon was running smoothies up front.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts