Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elka had sent an invitation to a few peeps to be an Ambassador for their shocks
Today I received my shocks just having to have to wait till LBR has time to install them..
He will have them on by the time we go to Sand Mountain on the 21ST.
I will have a full report on them after SM...I will have Dave from Fullerton Sand sports help with the fine tuning when we are there..he just doesn't know it yet...lol
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

· Registered
188 Posts
Have fun with them, but most of the riding you do is different than mine which is rocky mountain trails with lots of logs, rocks and ruts to drive over so the shocks on the sand and how they act there is not a lot of help to me.

· Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the Elkas on finally got to drive it..
Not going to say its 100% the shocks.. we have not fully tuned them yet..
Let me back up one step...
We put the Elkas on, but LBR also removed the rear stabilizer bar..
I was already for the body roll from removing the rear bar, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be..
What I did notice was when I would go over the water bars the rear of the Cow didnt bounce like it did do..it never felt like I was losing traction, I was hitting them as hard as I could and still be in control and not take out any rocks.
So last night when we finally got to Sand Mountain NV. We went out for a night ride and Lance was riding with me this time..I was going thru the whoops and it drove so NICE..no bouncing in the air
We are going to do some fine tuning shock adjustment this week.
But with the stabilizer bar removed and the Elka shocks I am happy girl..:D
Stay tuned for more reviews

gotta love life

· Administrator
2,363 Posts
Yeah....removed the rear torsion bar, installed Elka 4s on all 4 corners and I'm thinking this Cowmander should be riding better than this. Sounds like I'm expecting much more than my driver, but if I'm not happy with the ride, that means a whole bunch of shock tuning, right guys?!.... lol

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.