Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'am from Kentucky and ordered my Commander X yesterday. (probably why I'am not sleeping right now). I'm very excited. I was wondering What the average wait was on these. I was told it could be Feb. or even April. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Welcome to the site jarhead:wavespin: from the coast of Oregon..

I had to wait 5 months, ordered my X June 5th and got the call that it was in Nov.2nd....but I think I heard Feb. is the next shipment....you can be like the rest of us that were waiting...we lived vicariously threw other peeps that had already got their XT's.....:):)...Barbara

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome to the club Jarhead. I think we all got pretty excited at one point with our new Rides. I know I did. Heck I roll'er out of the garage just about everyother day now and take her for a spin around the block just to get that schoolboy grin on my face.
Enjoy.

Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody. I'm glad, at least, I found this site. It's good to hear from folks that have experienced the same anticipation. I don't know if I can take five months of anticipation, Barbara.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Thanks everybody. I'm glad, at least, I found this site. It's good to hear from folks that have experienced the same anticipation. I don't know if I can take five months of anticipation, Barbara.
It was a long 5 months...but it has been the best 7 weeks since....by the time you get yours, they will have all the ECU problems worked out and we will all have more POWER...:giggle::giggle:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, I didn't know they were having any ECU problems but, that is a good way to look at it. Got any pics of yours in action, in the beautiful state of Oregon? I can't get enough pics or video's of these things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I'am from Kentucky and ordered my Commander X yesterday. (probably why I'am not sleeping right now). I'm very excited. I was wondering What the average wait was on these. I was told it could be Feb. or even April. Thanks
welcome aboard jarhead. its good to finally see someone else from KY on here.
I have had mine on order since OCT. , My dealer just called with another delayed delivery date last week.

If i can find a dealer with one that is reasonable and can drive to get over a weekend im going to cancell with other dealer.

they pushed me back to late feb or early march.

Im in madisonville ky. ( western ky ). where are you in the state?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Oh, I didn't know they were having any ECU problems but, that is a good way to look at it. Got any pics of yours in action, in the beautiful state of Oregon? I can't get enough pics or video's of these things.
There's no problem with them, it's just a limiting factory for getting more power..all the sensors limit certain advancements...but when they do unleash which several companies are working on, the power will be the talk of the forum...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I know its a good thing to have a place in line with a dealer, but they can also kind of lock you into their dealership that way. Back around the last week of September, I started calling dealerships and leaving my name and phone and told them what I was willing to pay. I did not leave a depost anywhere. I called 5 dealerships and actually visited three of them. It took only three weeks for me to finally be driving home with my new Commander in my trailer. Yes, I did fail to come to terms, twice, with dealers, but finally one guy just kept after me with phone calls and new pricing compromises. Finally, I pulled the trigger. Oct 17th was the day i picked it up. So ruffly 3 weeks total.
I dont know what kind of options you have out there where you live, but it couldnt hurt to get a little pro-active if you feel motivated that way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Paul, Yes, it's good to meet someone else here that has (or will have) a Commander. I live not far from Louisville. I had to go to Lexington to order mine. Lexington Motorsports. I don't know for sure but I was told, they have a red one. maybe worth a call.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Razorback Dave, good advice but as far as I know, this was the only dealership in my area that was carrying them. I really had no leverage. I do wish I could have done it the way you did. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Paul, Yes, it's good to meet someone else here that has (or will have) a Commander. I live not far from Louisville. I had to go to Lexington to order mine. Lexington Motorsports. I don't know for sure but I was told, they have a red one. maybe worth a call.
Got my heart set on an X model. Which one are you waiting on ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
me too. yes I ordered an X. Can't wait to take it to LBL.
yes, me too. im only 45 min from there. I have a boat on Barkley lake there also, so there all through the summer.

there are good places in TN that ive heard good things from but would be a weekend trip.
Like Windrock .

heard that Paddys Bluff reopened too, . they are also down in the lake area. 200 acres. its a pay to ride park, but not expensive.

Also a park at Lynnville IN.( close to evansville IN ) but you have to join their 4x4 club i think.

not to many of us in this area so if you hear of any good places let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We usually go out there 3 or 4 times a year (wish we lived out there). I've had Jeeps for years and we like to go to eastern KY and TN. Red River Gorge area, Black Mountain, Hyden, & Williamsburg. There is a pay park not far from me that I haven't been to yet, that I've heard good things about, called Dirty Turtle ORP. I'm glad to here that Paddy's Bluff has re-opened.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.