Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 1000 xt. I sold a rzr to buy it. It has a little over 100 miles on it. It has been in the garage for about a month, so when deer season started I started to load it on the trailer it started to act a little jumpy. When out on the mountain it done the same thing over logs and gullies. Any suggestions? Thanks coal miner tn

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
I have a new 1000 xt. I sold a rzr to buy it. It has a little over 100 miles on it. It has been in the garage for about a month, so when deer season started I started to load it on the trailer it started to act a little jumpy. When out on the mountain it done the same thing over logs and gullies. Any suggestions? Thanks coal miner tn
The Polaris clutches are more forgiving than our commander's are it seems like...the rzr guys can get away with a lot more driving in high range at low, crawling speeds than we can with no ill affects

When at all possible, use low range up to 25-30 mph if you can...especially at your lower speeds as the belt rides higher in your sheaves. If you have a very hard run, the sheaves can get so hot that it's a good idea to let the machine idle for a couple of minutes before shutting off...let things cool a little so not to possibly cook the belt as if it was shut down immediately.

It usually isn't as bad once things get to operating temperature compared to stone cold for the jerkyness.... ours is the same way.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies on my question about the jumpy starts. My rzr was alot smoother on slow take offs, but I love the ride and clearance on the can am along with the hold back on steep grades. I live in east Tn. Where the mountains are very steep and long, with lots of creeks and deep mud holes. The can ams power and roomy cab makes the rides more enjoyable, and I can put a car seat in and ride my two year old grandson, again thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have that problem but I smoked my belt. I spoke to Adam at Airdam. He told me to take a look at my belt and on the inside. I found that it is kinda cupped or grooved. He told me to replace my belt and it would fix that problem. I just haven't done it yet. With only 100 miles on your commander it might not be the same thing but its something to look at.

·
Registered
1 Posts
drive belt

my 2011 commander did the lo speed "jerking" from a stop and at very low speeds, putting it in L seemed to eliminate that issue so I just have been living with it for a long while. BUT I had been reading about drive belt (short) life so I decided to replace mine just to be pro-active rather than get stuck on the trail out in BFE,, understand I had 3,600 miles on the OEM belt with no apparent problems, however the new drive belt has "fixed" the lo speed "jerking" and visual inspection of the OEM belt shows no evidence of wear, but it must have had a slight flat spot on it, just some FYI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts