Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran the commander with the K&T box the car ran 8000 rpms at 75 to 76 mphs. The speed limiter was still intact. I did notice at WOT it ran 230 temps. Have other experiences temp as hot as 230 on these commanders? If so, have you come up with solution to lower the temps.

The K&T does not raise the speed limiter!!! At least mine did not

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the K&T box as well. I have not attempted to reach top speed in high range but from my understanding is the stock clutch will only get you to the mid 70mph mark, those with aftermarket clutches such as STM are reaching over 80mph(with the use of the K&T box). In low range you will be able to hit low 40'ish+ mph with the box & stock clutch where with it stock(no box) it would get in the mid-hi 30mph. Not sure about your temps, but the box just turns the fan on sooner. I know when its hot out & pulling big dunes the temps will get up there but definately way better than what it used to be.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
performance

I have an aftermarket clutch and my car ran 74 mphs without the K&T box. The clutch is Adam's CVTech primary and STM secondary but the car will not go past 75 to 76 mphs even though the car is capable of pulling faster. Even downhill the car will not go past 75/76 mphs. The Box doesn't increase top speed.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I have an aftermarket clutch and my car ran 74 mphs without the K&T box. The clutch is Adam's CVTech primary and STM secondary but the car will not go past 75 to 76 mphs even though the car is capable of pulling faster. Even downhill the car will not go past 75/76 mphs. The Box doesn't increase top speed.
That is to bad, I was looking forward to more.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was reading on another forum and apperently if it is hot out the black boxes(all types) don't produce as high numbers as they normally do. The one member who posted normally can go over 80mph but when its hot out it will only reach the 75-76mph range. Personally I don't have any experience with this but it makes sense. When working out in the field on a hot day my laptop runs a lot slower than it does in the office. Just something to consider, maybe try to get max mph on a cooler day and see if there is any change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts