Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got about 60 miles on the 2013 XT and i had about 200 lbs ( ok the 2 kids ) in the bed and the wife in the pass seat coming up the driveway with the grey ( 1/2 key ) in high range , sport mod foot planted and the thing kicked out of gear and some grinding rolled to a stop, shifted to neutral then back to high range and all was fine.
anyone else ever have that happen? shifter adjustment? what ya think? it ant got but 60 some miles on it. should i take it back to the shop? if its popping out of gear now what about when i finally get a tank of fuel run through it and get to use the grownup key????
damn thing is fast. lovin it! and i ant used the grown up key yet.

jim

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
got about 60 miles on the 2013 XT and i had about 200 lbs ( ok the 2 kids ) in the bed and the wife in the pass seat coming up the driveway with the grey ( 1/2 key ) in high range , sport mod foot planted and the thing kicked out of gear and some grinding rolled to a stop, shifted to neutral then back to high range and all was fine.
anyone else ever have that happen? shifter adjustment? what ya think? it ant got but 60 some miles on it. should i take it back to the shop? if its popping out of gear now what about when i finally get a tank of fuel run through it and get to use the grownup key????
damn thing is fast. lovin it! and i ant used the grown up key yet.

jim
Could be when assembled that they didn't take the time to make sure the shifter lever// tranny lever when detented matched properly...AKA...what you mentioned.....the proper adjustment.

Another thing to check is where the inner shift cable exits it's outer sleeve in the engine compartment. Our outer cable sleeve came loose from the end that holds it tight. The problem was inside that rubber boot. I zip tied the crap out of it and it has held ever since.

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts