Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the most part shocks are shocks the body looks different but internally they all have the same parts. What makes the King shock so good is the owner himself, Brent King. As good as Andrew at Buckshot racing setup my shocks on his LT kit I wanted it even better unique to my driving style. Brent each week goes out and offer tuning services to any King shocks. When I arrived he had Class 1 cars, a Dakur Car, and a desert racer. It was a long day but watching Brent take shocks and springs off my car along with all the other drivers I knew I had the right shocks. Everyone who was there had there shocks revalved some had their springs and spring rates changed. At the end of the day I didn't see a driver or crew that didn't leave 100% happy with their new setup. The commander is unique because the design of the rear trailing arms are not optimal compared to the XP. Brett revalved my shocks and changed my spring rates to suit my driving style. There is nothing like a custom valving job when the shock expert drives with you and listens to your input on what you want to improve and change. And when he spends all day doing that you know you have the right shock company. I wanted my suspension to be more gentle but still but tight enough to handle the brutal conditions of the desert. I didn't want it to bottom out but still hit huge rough terrain and handle it whether I was in a turn or sliding around a corner. Normally it would be very difficult to setup a car tight but still be gentle and smooth with the ability to hit big jumps. Brett King knows shocks, offroading, and suspensions and any body looking to get the MOST out of the commander should look at King Shocks and talk to Brett. Brett set me up with a configuration that allowed me to do exactly what I wanted the commander to do with a cadie ride quality. Even with all the time spent he told me to come back and we can fine tune things even more. WOWWWW!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Super good testimonial for King shocks.....and I have never heard a bad thing against them ever!

sent by my constipated soon-to-be-on-the-river-bottom Droid I

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Thanks for the review..
I was down at our local Poo Poo & Yamaha shop talking with owner last week about several things and we got talking about shocks and we talked all manufactures and he keep coming back to King being the best...So I guess this time he wasn't being a saleman...lol.. and he does like the kings for good reason.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The commander is a tough UTV to setup the way I wanted it setup. The rear trail arm design is not as advanced as the XP and configuring it to run 75 mph safely over huge huge brutally rough desert terrain is tough without setting the car up so tight that it beats you up over small stuff. Brett got the springs, spring rates, coil, and shock valving just right..He took all day and worked his magic never giving up. Where do you get that kind of service for FREE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts