Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a problem with front end wanting to come up on steep hills,seems like front is to light or center of gravity is wrong,any one else having this same problem or is there a cure?

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I have my Springs set fairly soft and same with shocks so far not a problem with it being light in the front when climbing and when jumping in the dunes it has NOT once nosed dived...as long as you stay on the throttle till rear wheels clear the top all has been good. :giggle:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess im confused now,have two schools of thought.I ride hills in tn. they may may be only 200 to 400 yds long but are very steep with various ditches and off camber obsticles to over come,thats when I get the backwards rollover feeling while my friends on there RZ dont seem to have that problem.Maybe just me not used to the machine.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Your right it could be some of the steeper high traction stuff that we dont get a lot of, then again the only videos of a SxS going over backwards have been RZR's. Or it could be there are a lot of RZR's out there and a Commander going over backwards is rare and like a tree falling (no one ever sees it).

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Guess im confused now,have two schools of thought.I ride hills in tn. they may may be only 200 to 400 yds long but are very steep with various ditches and off camber obsticles to over come,thats when I get the backwards rollover feeling while my friends on there RZ dont seem to have that problem.Maybe just me not used to the machine.
Are you hauling any cargo if so how much?...that may make it feel a little unstable, I manily ride in the dunes but I have had it off camber there, but the one thing nice is when in doubt thottle out....in the trails that is diffently something you don't always want to do...Maybe if you keep feeling like it's light add a few weights to the front like tactor pullers...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going to try rear springs stiffest setting,front springs half stiff,I think problem may be because commander has no crawling traction so steep hills must be attacked rather then crawling, so throttle control is crutial ,I just need more stick time.Thank you for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts