Can-Am Commander Forums banner

"Limited" external antenna

10K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  CrankShaft 
#1 ·
Hey guys, One of the perks to buying the limited I thought was that it had the factory installed radio. Now that I got it home I found out i can only pick up two stations and don't care for either one of them. I thought no problem I'll just add a booster. After looking at the radio I see thats it's not that simple. There is just one bundle of wires running over towards the glove box. I started looking through my paper work that came with the commander. I see that the radio install sheet refers to the radio as a wired remote, kinda like it runs to a radio thats placed elsewhere. So my question now is: Is there anyway to even add an external am/fm antenna. thanks

#4 ·
I just plain cant find an antenna. I did some more looking into the factory radio. It is a (jensen JWR200B wired remote) and what i understand about this is that it is just a remote that runs the actual radio. So does that mean there is a radio hidden inside the dash somewhere? seems kinda like a dumb question. The commander is a 2013 limited I was also wandering if I could replace my garmin with a differrent one that would get me sirius radio dont know if they make anything like that or not. Any thoughts are appreciated thanks

#8 ·
Thanks Cranksaft. I have found the radio. I appreciate all the help. I see your sirius modual and thats a great idea. So if I buy that modual and plug it in to the sirius plugin does it run on the wired remote screen or do you have a seperate display for sirius? Also while Im bugging you, do you know anything about a center console that can be mounted over top of the factory one that has storage and cup holders. I have seen the console for the sub woofer and thought maybe could find one that works like that but storage space where the sub goes. Thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.