Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, One of the perks to buying the limited I thought was that it had the factory installed radio. Now that I got it home I found out i can only pick up two stations and don't care for either one of them. I thought no problem I'll just add a booster. After looking at the radio I see thats it's not that simple. There is just one bundle of wires running over towards the glove box. I started looking through my paper work that came with the commander. I see that the radio install sheet refers to the radio as a wired remote, kinda like it runs to a radio thats placed elsewhere. So my question now is: Is there anyway to even add an external am/fm antenna. thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes you can replace the stock antenna with another one...also I have the Sirius modual which works great...have plenty of stations to choose from!:)

BTW, if you uncoil the stock antenna and run it up under the dash or somewhere else you with get better signal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just plain cant find an antenna. I did some more looking into the factory radio. It is a (jensen JWR200B wired remote) and what i understand about this is that it is just a remote that runs the actual radio. So does that mean there is a radio hidden inside the dash somewhere? seems kinda like a dumb question. The commander is a 2013 limited I was also wandering if I could replace my garmin with a differrent one that would get me sirius radio dont know if they make anything like that or not. Any thoughts are appreciated thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks. Any ideas what the easiest way to get to it is? Look like the whole front hood would have to come off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Cranksaft. I have found the radio. I appreciate all the help. I see your sirius modual and thats a great idea. So if I buy that modual and plug it in to the sirius plugin does it run on the wired remote screen or do you have a seperate display for sirius? Also while Im bugging you, do you know anything about a center console that can be mounted over top of the factory one that has storage and cup holders. I have seen the console for the sub woofer and thought maybe could find one that works like that but storage space where the sub goes. Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts