Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On the list I did not say what kits have or use a sway bar. Also at least one kit did not work with the stock X rims (they needed spacers to work) and I don't remember who had that problem.

On the list, I listed things like "Break Line:" and because it is closed I can not add "yes or no" so things that don't have "Yes or NO" after just means I didn't get that info yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
7. HCR Racing LLC. (LT +3) (Also they have a +6 kit but I can not find any info on it so maybe it is new or no longer available)
Commander

Phone: (888) 928-RACE
LT +3 (width per side)
Travel: Front 16" / Rear 14"
Wheelbase: +3 ( 1" forward 2" rear)
Axles: 4340 Summers Brothers Axles Welcome to Summers Brothers Racing Pruducts!
Tie Rods: (Extensions that work with stock tie rod ends)
CV Boot Clamps:
Bearings included:
Break Lines Included:
Camber adjustment: No
Assembly Instructions:
Will work with X rims: Yes

$ 4999 (+3 Kit with King 2.0 with Eibach Spring Shocks)
$ 4599 (+6 Kit but no info on this kit on HCR web site)

There is no 3" over long travel. Its 6" over an 3" longer an its alive and doing well on my race Commander. The pictures in your closed post are from me racing. But here is more info on it for those who maybe intrerested.

Home > Commander > Can-Am Commander Long travel kit
Can-Am Commander Long travel kit

Retail Price: $4,999.00
Item Number: COM-01400
Manufacturer: HCR Racing
Quantity:
* Whole number only
.Email this page to a friend

HCR Boxed tig welded A arms with 4130 mounting points
4 pc King 2.0 Shocks Reservoir Shocks with Eibach springs
Compression adjusters standard with 30% adjustment Black Bodies/silver springs or Traditional Blue
4 pc Summers Bros 4340 Axles

6" wider per side 3" longer wheel base 16" travel front 14" travel rear

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GSXR 702. So on the video they say that they are installing a HCR +6 kit and it makes the Commander 12" wider overall, was that a typo or was there also a +6 kit?

I also found a couple of articles written on the HCR +6 kit with pricing that I listed.

Hope you don't mind I used your pictures for HCR long travel. If so I will remove them. Great shots by the way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The kit is a plus 6" an that is perside . I believe it measure about 72" to the outside of the tires in the pictures that you used . Its great that you used the pictures they where used in a press release. It looks great flying through the air. It shows the full range of the travel.

This is from the updated website now .
Retail Price: $4,999.00
Item Number: COM-01400
Manufacturer: HCR Racing
Quantity:
* Whole number only
.Email this page to a friend

HCR Boxed tig welded A arms with 4130 mounting points
4 pc King 2.0 Shocks Reservoir Shocks with Eibach springs
Compression adjusters standard with 30% adjustment Black Bodies/silver springs or Traditional Blue
4 pc Summers Bros 4340 Axles

6" wider per side 3" longer wheel base 16" travel front 14" travel rear

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
I think you are correct on that Odyknuck.
Thanks
They may have solved that issue per this statment on their webside:

"Designed to work with the stock length shocks. X package shocks might be adequate but may require valving or spring changes for optimum performance
Other shock options are available with proper spring and valving specs for HRP suspension. (Fox, Walker Evans)
SHOCKS SOLD SEPARATELY
Will work with stock wheel offset. Wheel spacers are not necessary"

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was wondering, I recently installed the HCR 6" kit and have since done some riding on hard packed, long straight dirt roads. When doing so, I have noticed some major rolling going on. Wiith the HCR kit, there is no rear sway bar with the kit, and the stock sway bar does not mount to the HCR rear trailing arms. I am wondering if anyone else has installed the HCR kit and have noticed this issue.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds like a lot of sway bars are removed for a few of the kits and some people have said there is more roll but they get used to it. If you don't care for that roll feeling you can get stiffer springs or maybe a sway bar off a kit like on the Buckshot LT might work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts