Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally here! I picked up my new Limited Commander yesterday. It has the Camoplast 4S Tatou tracks and a plow for extras so far. I have UHMW skid plates from Factory UTV to install next. I'm interested in a Wicked Built power steering unit, but I'm wondering where to move the speaker that is installed near the driver's right knee (while seated). Anyway, I'm excited to finally have my brand new machine!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
WOW!!....What a sharp dressed Commander that is! ....sweeeeet

Sent by my twin-turbo Droid Razr

·
Registered
28 Posts
So were are you from with all that snow???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LBR, Crankshaft... Thanks for the compliments! We're pretty happy to have our new toy and looking forward to the opportunities that come with it. Time to put all this forum wisdom and experience into practice.

Hi murray5p,
We're in Anchorage, Alaska and sitting just shy of three inches of matching/exceeding a snow accumulation record (about 130 inches made in 1955). I think that we're excited to make a new snow accumulation record, but tired of shoveling at the same time (thus the plow on my new machine)!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice country up there, hope you post some pic's when the snow is gone. Nice Ride you have there :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice country up there, hope you post some pic's when the snow is gone. Nice Ride you have there :)
murray5p,

We'll post some pictures as soon as we can. It sure is fun looking at everybody else's machines as well. There are some awesome machines out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice machine
Lilwill,

Thank you for the comment. We have the stuff, but we still feel like a new guy among all this experience in this forum. It feels great to be part of a really cool bunch of people in this forum, even as a new guy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Best part about the BRP plow is you can make your own sides and bolt them right on the sides, With the wieght of the mander you can push all kinds of snow and the sides keeps everything in front of you instead of rolling off the sides:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Best part about the BRP plow is you can make your own sides and bolt them right on the sides, With the wieght of the mander you can push all kinds of snow and the sides keeps everything in front of you instead of rolling off the sides:

Hey Ostacruiser,

That's a good looking machine you have there. I like the sides you made for the plow. I think I'll have to make something like yours to add to my plow. What did you make your sides out of?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I made them out of 1/2" treated plywood. I added 2x6's the the bottoms as the bottoms were coming apart after repeated use. I sold that 2012 just waiting on my '13 with power steering to show up. Can't wait

1 - 20 of 22 Posts