Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my 2012 1000x has a rubber sounding squeak in the rear end? I can only hear it on some occassions,when its sat for a few and then moving really slow. Im just wondering if this is the precurser to the rear end problems? Its time to ride and I would like to find out so I dont miss out.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill try but i dont think thats it.I hope its nothing, or thats it thanks for your input

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check your shock bushings the fox shocks have spherical ends that require lubrication from time to time when they dry out they make a very annoying squeaking sound.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Check your shock bushings the fox shocks have spherical ends that require lubrication from time to time when they dry out they make a very annoying squeaking sound.
X2 ...suspect the X shock ends as they need greased at 1000 miles per manual....good idea to do it before the manual recommendation of 1000 miles as they will need it

Sent by my twin-turbo Droid Razr

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like a wheel bearing is it like a chirp that gets faster as you increase speed.the rear diff noise doesn't sound like a squeak or chirp more of a growling sound that gets louder as speeds increase replacing my rear diff right now for this problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will check tonight on the wheel bearing, and can someone tell me what kind of lube tu use on the shock?

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
I will check tonight on the wheel bearing, and can someone tell me what kind of lube tu use on the shock?
I personally used a liberal amount of moly grease, then wiped off excess after repacked.... the shocks didn't have enough grease when installed IMO

Sent by my twin-turbo Droid Razr

·
Registered
22 Posts
My shocks were completely dry when I checked mine both lower mounts seized up had to take the ends completely apart to free up the joints.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
My shocks were completely dry when I checked mine both lower mounts seized up had to take the ends completely apart to free up the joints.
Caught ours barely in time at the 1000 mile mark....I think peeps need to repack them at 500 miles because lack of factory grease....unless they are using more since our machine was assembled

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Before LBR repacked mine, it progressively got worst and started sounding like a rattle trap...was embarrassed to drive thru the staging areas....sounded like a RZR...:rofl:...

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Not to sound dumb where at do you do this on the shock?
You take the shock off and disassemble each end one at a time....clean any rust/sand/dirt out, then put the ends back together with fresh grease....really easy to do

1 - 15 of 15 Posts