Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed that the drivers side low beam is aimed a little lower than the passenger side light. Is this normal, make sense, it would keep it from shining into an oncoming rider. Or are both lights suppose to be aimed the same. This may be a stupid question, but I've always been told that the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Ours were off in adjustment also ...both low beams should be the same height as the highs also .....

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Mine weren't even either. The adjustment is simple, though. There are screws sticking out of the backs of the light housings if you haven't already seen them..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, just looked at it. Looks simple to adjust. Does anyone know if there is any certain height/distant setting it should be set at. Since I have mine street legal, would like to make sure I'm set correctly as to not blind an oncoming driver. Already have to dodge enough stupid drivers, so just as well not add to the situation any. LOL

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Thanks, just looked at it. Looks simple to adjust. Does anyone know if there is any certain height/distant setting it should be set at. Since I have mine street legal, would like to make sure I'm set correctly as to not blind an oncoming driver. Already have to dodge enough stupid drivers, so just as well not add to the situation any. LOL
My method is to park the rig on a level surfaced back road and take a walk down the road to simulate on coming traffic, turn, and see if either headlight is blinding.....then squat down slowly and watch the headlights....as you squat, when the highest aimed light gets blinding, take note at the height of your eyes....decide if you need to adjust that 1 headlight by using common sense for the oncoming traffic......once that headlight is bang on, raise the other low beam until they blind you at the same time by the squat method....this lets you know they both are shining exactly the same height.....do the same for high beams, only aim them higher...lol.....Lance

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds too simple. Lol that would be using common sense, are you sure it OK to use common sense when it comes to technicial settings LOL :rofl: I'm an instrument tech by trade, most of the time common sense has no place when it comes to technical manuals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts