Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We at Cognito Motorsports are considering jumping into the Commander market and would be interested in what the people think. So I'd like to hear what you guys would like to see as far as suspension kits are concerned. I have my idea on what I would want Id like to hear what you guys think.

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well I think there are alot of Wide/+swingarm kits in developement out there. At least thats the sponsor word of many on the forums.
Personally, Im thinking plus4+2. I would like to have a complete kit, tierods,axles, any cables or wiring, that way I wouldnt be stuck in the middle of a build trying to hunt down parts. A vendor who has thought of everything would be my first consideration. Of course competetive pricing always helps heh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I think there are alot of Wide/+swingarm kits in developement out there. At least thats the sponsor word of many on the forums.
Personally, Im thinking plus4+2. I would like to have a complete kit, tierods,axles, any cables or wiring, that way I wouldnt be stuck in the middle of a build trying to hunt down parts. A vendor who has thought of everything would be my first consideration. Of course competetive pricing always helps heh.
So +4 wide and +2 back on the trailing arms?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
This is all new to me, on LBR's rhintax he has left it stock as far as suspension, but we are looking at maybe adding LT to Cah-Mandi, so I'm just learning..:unsure: any info would be helpful...Barbara

·
Registered
305 Posts
So +4 wide and +2 back on the trailing arms?
Yes Exactly. I do the Dunes mostly and the Wheel Tire combo I use already widens the wheelbase by 4 inches. Also with a plus 4 I can still mount up my Knobbies and stocker wheels and hit the trails without much problem of width.
Yes +2 back on the trailing arms. A little more length woudnt hurt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well what We had in mind was a +5 wide 0 forward no more than 2 back....BUT shock options to me is the key. I would want to see a 8.5" stroke Fox BOC shock....This would kill you bed. However Im sure we would also offer a standard lenght as well. I really havent even looked at the suspension on one of these yet os Im not even real sure whats on the rear of the car now....But I can tell you on my R1 Rhino im running BOC shocks and I wouldnt even consider a kit without them.

For those of you that dont know. B.O.C stands for bottom out cup. The shock is designed so that the last 25% of the travel the shock valving gets stiffer. So you can actually have the best of both worlds...a nice soft ride in the chop and a good amount of valving for the big jumps or nasty G outs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The X model shocks are BOC equipped, nice feature for a stock unit. Glad to see you over here BiggJim!
No Kidding!!! Thats sweet for stock!!!! Thanks brotha, Were just about done with our 2011 GM stuff so I was asked to start looking at commander specs and what not. The closest Ive been to one of these things yet was at SSSS. I grabbed the steering wheel on DFR's and seen with a half a crank the tie rod hit the spring....Then I noticed it looked as tho they had to make some sort of tower extension to run a 6.5 stroke shock?? Anyways We would like to get our hands one one in the next couple of months and hopefully build a kit!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well Mr Closeoff, <chuckles>
This is my new set of Fox Customs from Magnum Off-road.

I am still a neophyte to the Off-Road industry in many ways. Would you give me a quick critique of what you see? They are charged at 200psi but can take up to 500psi. They will also work on the +4 LT they are developing. Oh, and thank you for the BOC enlightenment.

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Mr Closeoff, <chuckles>
This is my new set of Fox Customs from Magnum Off-road.

I am still a neophyte to the Off-Road industry in many ways. Would you give me a quick critique of what you see? They are charged at 200psi but can take up to 500psi. They will also work on the +4 LT they are developing. Oh, and thank you for the BOC enlightenment.

Dave
It looks like Dan set you up with a fox 6.5 stroke shock with adjustable compression. Looks like you are ready to Rip!!!

Dan I see these shocks have more stroke....what does that do to your ground clearence at full Bump??

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well I know mine is 11" or there abouts with the stock wheel/tire combo. Im guessing Im getting 10" full travels so there has to be a few inches clearance left. I hope.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
If travel is listed at 10" but really only 8.5", does that mean we should be able to just change out the shocks and get 10" without doing anything else?

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Using a longer shock would give similar results as a shock mount relocate lift kit. They would simply push the arms down farther and odds are will bind the CVs. The best way to get the additional ground clearence and travel is a long travel setup. Longer arms , longer axles, longer Shocks equal less CV angle equal no binding.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts