Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there again..

Im no suspension expert, just need your advice on which is the best, LT suspension out there for my upcoming X..
I mostly trail ride pretty aggressive but im also in to the technical rock climbing.

I honestly dont know which is right for me (+3 or +4)
I know that with +4 I have to get new shocks but on the other hand +3 with my fox stock shocks might be barely Ok...

I have seen various kits by the vendors, but nothing beats the advice of someone who has tried them..

so which kit do you recommend?? and why??

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
hopefully DP will chime in, but you could also call Swerve off Road (Dennis) I see that they have a LT kit available on their website & also call Bob at Factory UTV...I'm sure they can help...Also Holz racing has an LT kit....Barbara

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Hey there again..

Im no suspension expert, just need your advice on which is the best, LT suspension out there for my upcoming X..
I mostly trail ride pretty aggressive but im also in to the technical rock climbing.

I honestly dont know which is right for me (+3 or +4)
I know that with +4 I have to get new shocks but on the other hand +3 with my fox stock shocks might be barely Ok...

I have seen various kits by the vendors, but nothing beats the advice of someone who has tried them..

so which kit do you recommend?? and why??
Howdy Burner,

We sell all the major LT's kits for the Commanders. If you want to stay with your Fox Shocks I suggest going with the +3. We have installed a few of these and instead of replacing the springs we tighten them up a bit and they work like a champ. Although I would suggest replacing them to the heavy duty spring. For trail riding the +3 is better IMO. Even though its (on paper) an inch difference per side some of the trails we ride are super narrow. You still get the benefit of the LT but remain just wide enough to get down those goat trails.

We are having a special on our +3 LT. If you are interested please feel free to shoot me a PM for details.

BigD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts