Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from the Harfield McCoy trails. I installed the HDS 5 Baja GPS in my dash with the Map Create 7.0 software. I was amazed to discover that almost all the green and blue trails were already in the Map Create 7.0 software. I recorded over the trails to confirm the accuracy but it was great to match the trails on the trail maps on our GPS. Be aware that a couple trails along the mountain ledges have spots that are only 60" wide. The edge of our Commander tires were touching the mountain wall on one side with a 500' drop off along the edge of our outside tires. Most of the trails are wide along the mountail edges but we did have several breath taking moments. Great adventure and awesome views. I was told that the WV sxs group had 80 sxs's there but I never saw more than one or two sxs's there.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Good to hear, I have yet to set up a GPS. I was looking at a number of different options like iPhone GPS apps and small stand alone GPS's. I like the idea of taking a GPS out to program in a route the night before, but then again to have the Baja built in would be really nice.
So is this 7.0 software something new?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The software has been discontinued but you can still find copies on ebay. I use my computer to set up my maps and then transfer the information via a SD card. I also record my trails and transfer the recorded trails to my computer to form new maps. There is no need to remove the GPS from your dash. Turnkey makes a great replacement dash to allow flush installation of the GPS unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts