Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That thing is awesome!!! It would be awesome if it could carry a Go Pro underneath it!!! How much?
Probably priceless right now...:furious:....did you have time to watch the whole demo??.... I thought the camera that was attached to it facing downward later in the demo was awesome!!

What kind of power did it use??????????????:unsure::unsure:????????????????

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think its ELECTRICAL....
but that GPS/NAV system is sweet...
I bet this thing costs as much as 2 or 3 commanders...LOL...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I googled mikrokopter, and found that they are not as expensive as it seems. Base price for hexakopter is 2 to 2.5 grand. Did not go far enough to know what is included in base.
Probably like the sxs you can keep on adding $$$$$$$$$$$. Could probably end up pretty well equiped for around $6-7 k. The also make an 8 blade "octakopter". They say run time is around twenty minutes. The most lift posted was around 8.7 pounds, if I remember correctly. I am going to look into this further, when the Commander fever has subsided somewhat.
john

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx for that info John ....less than I had guessed ....we all need another moneypit right? ..haha ...Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Here is something that can do the same thing for a lot less.
It is $399 plus your radio.
GAUI 330X-S QUAD FLYER KIT WITH SCORPION MOTORS

You can buy it here.
Check out the videos on this link.
Empire Hobby | GAUI 330X-S QUAD FLYER KIT WITH SCORPION MOTORS W/O GU-344 GYRO [G-210003]
There is also a camera system that let's you fly in first person view, so you can look at a screen and fly around a corner or over some trees. I think they use it on this video at some point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts