Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a misfire problem on their 2012 Commander 1000? It misfires when you are cruising at a steady speed around 20 MPH. It only has 100 miles on it. I was very excited to get my new commander, however I,ve had several problems with it. Jerking problem under light throttle, throttle pedal keeps coming apart, screws holding the seat pads keep working loose, and misfiring, It's a brand new machine, I should not have to work on it every time I ride it. It is still under warranty, but they say it's going to take 2 months before they can get to it. I'm not a happy customer...

·
Registered
17 Posts
That jerking under light throttle happens to all machines, it's just how the throttle works. I'm not a fan of it either but you'll learn how to use the throttle eventually so it doesn't happen as often. You'll also notice a jerk when you first start moving, that's just the clutch engaging.

The only thing I'd worry about is the backfiring. Drop your machine off at the dealer and let them know how pissed off you are. They'll have it ready asap if they have any brains at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also, when you drop your machine off make sure to take the seat out and leave it upside down in the bed. I had the same problem. It's just put together shitty. They fixed it up though.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
The jerking is more about the clutch. If you put on a Airdam or STM clutch they both have lower starting gearing so you smoothly crawl or get smooth starts every time. And don't worry you get the same or more top speed so that is one thing you can change some day if you don't like the slow jerky starts.

The miss fire at speeds is a proble and I have not heard anyone having that problem. If the one dealer cant get to it maybe see how far away another one is. I am lucky I have 4 within a hour drive in the Los Angeles area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts