Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have Muzzy's digitune, Wego Air Fuel, and muzzy exhaust setup? If so, what is your experience. My experience with it after waiting several weeks for the shop to figure it out is not so go. Looks like I'm going to have to take it somewhere else because the techs at Muzzy have no clue. The thing runs so rich on their performance program at higher attitudes that it barely will move out its on way.....

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
Yes, ours has that setup with the race exaust ....is yours the digitune or digitune pro? If a pro, are you running it in open or closed loop with the Wego 3?...also if it's a pro and in closed loop only setup , is it programmed with the latest map?.....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
finally

Finally someone that has the same setup. I have the race muzzy, digitune pro, and the wego 3 in a close loop setup. The commander now is hard to start and stalls at low rpms. I also can't get the thing to move out its way. It only hits 4550 rpms off the line and takes for ever to reach 7100 rpms at 3500 ft elevation. It used to run 7440 rpms immediately and then settle to 7100 and pull like a rap ape. I know the shop did something wrong or something isn't working but they don't know this stuff and muzzy couldn't tell them anything.

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
Finally someone that has the same setup. I have the race muzzy, digitune pro, and the wego 3 in a close loop setup. The commander now is hard to start and stalls at low rpms. I also can't get the thing to move out its way. It only hits 4550 rpms off the line and takes for ever to reach 7100 rpms at 3500 ft elevation. It used to run 7440 rpms immediately and then settle to 7100 and pull like a rap ape. I know the shop did something wrong or something isn't working but they don't know this stuff and muzzy couldn't tell them anything.
You mentioned it "now" is hard to start and stalls ....was this from stock before and everything got installed and now you have the issues, or was all Muzzy's equipment installed just before closed loop mode? .....

If I can get your exact synopsis in my mind, we can probably get ya running better....Lance

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
I can also give you the defaults for all 6 modes and guestimate what to adjust for your altitude if you like.......Lance

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You mentioned it "now" is hard to start and stalls ....was this from stock before and everything got installed and now you have the issues, or was all Muzzy's equipment installed just before closed loop mode? .....

If I can get your exact synopsis in my mind, we can probably get ya running better....Lance

Stock and with just the muzzy only it started fine and ran fine. When the digitune pro and Wego was added its now hard to start and performs horribly at higher attitudes. It looks like they did not setup the closed loop Wego properly and it is running too rich at attitude. I talked to Jason Weller at Weller Racing and he said that it should be dyno tuned first then, set at the best setting that produces the most power and then close loop that setup.

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
Stock and with just the muzzy only it started fine and ran fine. When the digitune pro and Wego was added its now hard to start and performs horribly at higher attitudes. It looks like they did not setup the closed loop Wego properly and it is running too rich at attitude. I talked to Jason Weller at Weller Racing and he said that it should be dyno tuned first then, set at the best setting that produces the most power and then close loop that setup.
Gotcha.....you probably have the digituner with the old map in it that wasn't proper for closed loop .....Muzzy's is re_mapping some original Pros with an updated map ....contact Murray at Muzzy...this new mapping has been within the last 2 months BTW ....

In the meantime, snip the one closed loop wire and try it in open loop and see if there is a good improvement .... your shop could have played with the tuner and may be way out of whack from initial settings too....can help you on the 6 initial settings also if you like, then will speculate the changes for altitude to give it a try ...

We run ours at sea level, but took a trip up to your approx elevation when still in open loop and I found that I couldn't lean it out enough ....I think Muzzy's needs to still adjust their revised map for higher altitudes IMO ...

Also be aware that when in closed loop fashion, it only affects the 3rd mode and not #1 and #2!...those 2 modes are still open loop adjustments.......again, let me know if you need an initial setting for all 6 modes....Lance

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gotcha.....you probably have the digituner with the old map in it that wasn't proper for closed loop .....Muzzy's is re_mapping some original Pros with an updated map ....contact Murray at Muzzy...this new mapping has been within the last 2 months BTW ....

In the meantime, snip the one closed loop wire and try it in open loop and see if there is a good improvement .... your shop could have played with the tuner and may be way out of whack from initial settings too....can help you on the 6 initial settings also if you like, then will speculate the changes for altitude to give it a try ...

We run ours at sea level, but took a trip up to your approx elevation when still in open loop and I found that I couldn't lean it out enough ....I think Muzzy's needs to still adjust their revised map for higher altitudes IMO ...

Also be aware that when in closed loop fashion, it only affects the 3rd mode and not #1 and #2!...those 2 modes are still open loop adjustments.......again, let me know if you need an initial setting for all 6 modes....Lance

So mode 1 and 2 are open mode? Are they richer or leaner modes? I will call Murray at Muzzy. Thanks for your help. Did you find an improvement with the close loop setup?

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
Here are the basic descriptions of the 6 modes:

Mode 1 - Above an idle RPM and cruising....think light on the throttle
Mode 2 - Accelerating...stepping into it to pass someone or pulling a good hill
Mode 3 - Wide Open Throttle.....no other description necessary!
Mode 4 - Adjusts the "Electronic Accelerator Pump" to add or pull out fuel when accelerating
Mode 5 - Adjusts the threshold/RPM going from Mode 1 to Mode 2
Mode 6 - Adjusts the threshold/RPM going from Mode 2 to Mode 3

Mode 3 is the only one affected by closed loop setup I was told....

We haven't got enough time with it in closed loop to make a judgement call, because the X went directly to Muzzy's right after I wired it close loop....couldn't really test it to determine ....

When you talk to Murray, pinpoint if your Pro has the new or old map in it......you just need to lean it out from the sounds of it in even Modes 1&2....which the closed loop should not be affecting, of course......and if needbe, you can send it back to Muzzys and they can shift the map a bit to give you more adjustment on the lean end....hope this helps.....Lance

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are the basic descriptions of the 6 modes:

Mode 1 - Above an idle RPM and cruising....think light on the throttle
Mode 2 - Accelerating...stepping into it to pass someone or pulling a good hill
Mode 3 - Wide Open Throttle.....no other description necessary!
Mode 4 - Adjusts the "Electronic Accelerator Pump" to add or pull out fuel when accelerating
Mode 5 - Adjusts the threshold/RPM going from Mode 1 to Mode 2
Mode 6 - Adjusts the threshold/RPM going from Mode 2 to Mode 3

Mode 3 is the only one affected by closed loop setup I was told....

We haven't got enough time with it in closed loop to make a judgement call, because the X went directly to Muzzy's right after I wired it close loop....couldn't really test it to determine ....

When you talk to Murray, pinpoint if your Pro has the new or old map in it......you just need to lean it out from the sounds of it in even Modes 1&2....which the closed loop should not be affecting, of course......and if needbe, you can send it back to Muzzys and they can shift the map a bit to give you more adjustment on the lean end....hope this helps.....Lance
Thanks I called and talked to Dave and hopefully Murray will get in the mix and get this thing dialed in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts